3 months ago
At Jetstar you can expect the unexpected and as we are constantly evolving you’ll get the chance to think ahead, explore new ideas and contribute in a positive, entrepreneurial environment. As the Head of Network & Schedules, you will form an integral part of the Jetstar Senior Leadership Team, supporting and influencing executives in Jetstar, Qantas, and our shareholding airline partners.
Based in our Melbourne Head Office, this senior leadership role is responsible for leading a high performing team that manages profit maximising deployment and schedule production of the Jetstar Group fleet across Asia Pacific. Reporting to the Executive Manager for Network, Partnerships, and Revenue Management, the role has many key deliverables and outcomes including:
* Responsibility for network development from concept to implementation, and ongoing performance management (new and existing routes)
* Understanding customer needs to improve schedule quality and working with operations to deliver these in an effective and low cost manner
* Developing thinking about how to maximise return from two of the airline’s key assets – aircraft and slots
* Working with the fleet team to develop the long term fleet requirement
* Delivering network initiatives that will improve earnings year on year
* Delivering initiatives that support Jetstar’s low cost business model and contribute to annual year-on-year controllable cost reduction targets
* Fostering strong cross-departmental and airline working relationships, supporting well-spirited debates on trade-offs leading to best business outcomes
* Proactively addressing emerging trends to manage short to medium term profit outcomes
* Overseeing participation in Qantas Group cross functional network strategy & planning forums
Managing a team of Senior Network Managers, we are looking for a talented leader capable of delivering business targets, while also motivating and developing their people. You will have extensive network / strategic planning in the airline industry, and proven experience influencing C-level executives to achieve desired outcomes for the group. Experience across multiple geographies and cultures would be highly advantageous, as would a Broad knowledge of the airline industry in the Asia Pacific market.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.