This position has a direct report to our VP of Manufacturing and will lead the Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering resources for all of Lilium’s domestic plants as well as for the supply chain.
You have the opportunity to work on the realisation of the product design and you will have full responsibility to help set up our manufacturing & production testing solutions, from material supply working with suppliers and our domestic Lilium component plants as well as the final aircraft assembly line.
For this leadership role, we are looking for somebody who will invent a new way of a high volume, new generation propulsion system assembly from prove of concept to design.
You will ensure that our assembly system will be up to rate readiness for series production within a few years.
Your Day to Day:
- Hire, train and lead Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering teams
- Establish and constantly improve process & technology solutions
- Provide factory support to meet the design requirements and our business targets in accordance to the quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100
- Implement manufacturing & series testing solutions via standards, solutions, systems and instructions that will enable the plant to achieve their TCQ targets
- Work closely with management team the local plant organisations and clearly communicate business targets to ensure the delivery to safety, time, cost and quality targets
- Contribute, with his production organisation, to a “Design for Make” of the type certification standard, the establishment of pilot stations to prove rate capability
- Define and build a series production assembly line, work on the operations of the plant from commissioning to production ramp up
- Establish and drive key processes within Lilium from material supply up to final assembly, this includes:
- Capability acquisition of new technologies, systems and factories
- Product introduction into the supply chain and domestic factories
- Shop floor support & continuous improvement across the entire production network
- Specification & provision of Lean/4.0/SCADA/robotic solutions for the Lilium plants
- Mechanical engineering degree in automotive, production and/or aerospace with experience in (electric) power plants assembly – excellent grade and industrial internships required
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Engineering and or plant leadership role in a modern high-volume production environment of automotive or aircrafts is essential
- Experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing environments, including dynamic planning & execution during production ramp up
- Proven Lean skills –to drive continuous improvements, ergonomics, HS&E and process capability
- Production & technology global networking and experienced in developing technologies and systems to a capable production standard (SixSigma)
- Modern technology & automation leader type (including robotic, 4.0, SCADA)
- Excellent analysis and evaluation skills with a drive to challenge the status quo
- Implemention knowledgeofE. organisation Self Directing Teams (SDT) and ANDON to mitigate production constraints immediately desired
- Experienced leader with track record in hiring, training and leading direct and a large number of indirect reports, and production staff. Ability to communicate at all levels
- Capable of extended cross-functional leadership, including Engineering, Purchase, Quality, Manufacturing, and Facility management functions, required to deliver “end to end”.
- Software/IT skills: PowerPoint, Excel, ERP
- Excellent understanding of plant finances
- Excellent project management skills to deploy the manufacturing road map
- Ability to speak and read English fluent is required, German desired
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs