Regional Jet, fast-becoming one of the leading regional capacity providers in Europe is seeking a highly experienced and motivated head of inflight services to oversee an ever-growing team and network of cabin crew bases as part of the airline's ambitious expansion.
To support its rapid expansion, Regional Jet is looking for
HEAD OF INFLIGHT SERVICES
As our main customer base consists primarily of premium carriers, each with their own requirements in terms of product and service delivery, a key aspect of this role involves working closely with your counterparts at these carriers to ensure as close an alignment as possible in terms of customer experience between their flights and ours.
In addition to the above, the nominee will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing the Company's largest and most diverse department.
- Ensure the highest levels of operational safety across cabin operations.
- Developing the management capability of the existing team and adding additional elements where necessary.
- Reviewing the base management structure of the airline as it expands and ensuring it is structured appropriately.
- Be involved in the rollout and implementation of various technology platforms on behalf of the customer airlines.
- Together with the Heads of Flight Operations and Training, ensure compliance with all local and EASA regulations as well as training standards.
- Review the training program on an ongoing basis for suitability and alignment with customer airline requirements.
Reporting to the COO, the ideal candidate will be a commercially astute and customer focused senior leader with experience leading a multicultural team through a period of significant growth and change, including the addition of a new aircraft type. You will have worked at a large carrier, ideally a mainline, or one with a strong focus on customer service, and be fully conversant in the service requirements of networked airlines. In addition to this you should:
- Have excellent communication skills and cultural awareness.
- Have a big-picture mindset to assist with this expansion as we grow our business to ensure scalable and efficient processes.
- Have experience of working and negotiating with labour unions and dealing with employee relations.
- Have experience of the entire lifecycle of cabin crew recruitment, including assessment, selection, training and eventual line operations.
- Be commercially minded, cost-conscious and have project management experience.
- An excellent opportunity to become a part of the professionals in your field.
- Exciting and responsible job at a rapidly growing company.
- Opportunity to leave your footprint in the development of the company.
- Attractive rates for worldwide private travel with our partner airlines.
- Workplace in Tallinn, Estonia.
We are waiting for your CV and motivational letter with the note “Head of Inflight Services” by the 28th of October.