Role: Hawk AV/Elev Technician Junior Supervisor Pay
: £23.79 per hour inc shift pay. Contract:
Monday- Friday, 36 hours a week Location:
To assist in the production of Hawk aircraft to meet the daily flying task. This will include working in both Flight Line and Hangar environments. Employees may be asked to work over-time to ensure there are sufficient aircraft to meet the task. The Hawk contract requires employees to support planned detachments and aircraft recovery activities as and when requested.
To carry out as directed trade tasks pertinent with the maintenance, rectification and preparation of Aircraft to meet the allocated daily task at first line. Tasks are to be supervised and carried out in a safe and efficient manner to ensure task progression meets the allocated flying programme without compromising flight safety or the airworthiness of the aircraft. Any problems or foreseen delays are to be passed directly to trade supervisor. Main activities of role: -
Leading Fitters will oversee all authorised tasks providing oversight and assurance of the quality of the service, and foster being Babcock culture/total safety. They will be technically trained in one of the 3 trades and, will be able to support the rectification task during light flying periods and assist aircrew with crew-in snags. The actions and decisions taken shall be limited to those actions authorised as governed by trade, experience and competence.
The main tasks could include but not limited to:
- Carry out first signature responsibilities
- Sign 1st signature for tasked work within trade boundary
- Sign 2nd signature for supervision of work within trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank
- Carry out all authority level F tasks that do not require additional authorization criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorizing authority
- Ensure that the work areas are kept clean and FOD free.
- Maintaining a PEVL to establish continuity of experience.
- Maintain Environmental, Quality, Security and Health & Safety standards as defined by Policy
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Maintaining an effective changeover by debriefs or written log to provide a smooth transition and continuation of trade tasks between each shift where and when applicable
- Champion a culture of Near Miss and Error Reporting and take the lead for subsequent investigations
- All staff are to ensure that they maintain the standard of security policies and procedures as stipulated within Station and Hawk Security Standing Orders.
- All staff are responsible for ensuring that all Information Technology and Information Management processes, policies, procedures and controls are adhered to for all IT systems within their use.
To be a successful applicant you will need to demonstrate the following;
- AV/Elec Systems Type course
- 3 years industry experience
- Hands on Hawk experience
- Will be required to undergo DBS and BPSS checks
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.