4 months ago
Share your spirit with us and become a part of our team!
We are staffing a new Hadoop Engineering team and are looking for enthusiastic software engineers with a “Big Data” background.
As part of the Lufthansa Airlines digitalization team, you will be responsible for the design and engineering of innovative analytical applications on our cross-domain Cloudera Hadoop platform.
You are a creative thinker and a passionate, data focused software engineer with specialized experience on Big Data Analytics as well as a background on traditional Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse technologies. You know different programming languages, frameworks and technology stacks.
If not yet, you are willing to familiarize yourself with topics like DevOps, continuous integration, continuous delivery and cloud computing. You have an extraordinary curiosity and want to explore things in detail.
You will directly report to the Head of IT Business Intelligence and work close with stakeholders from SWISS and the Lufthansa Group.
* Design & Implementation of new analytical solutions on our central Lufthansa Group Hadoop Platform
* Maintenance and Support of existing data products.
* Support the setup of the new DevOps engineering team:
* Design and Setup of new DevOps Development Environment
* Coaching and Support of new team members
* Close collaboration with product owners and request managers to plan, evaluate, and specify new user stories and requirements.
* Continue to develop your expertise in the Big Data Technology Domain and become a technical expert in that subject.
* Proven practical experience with configuration and development on the Hadoop technology stack: HDFS, HBase, Flume, Sqoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Yarn, Oozie and others
* Experience in other data focused IT technologies (Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Oracle, Teradata, Tableau, Power BI or others) is an asset.
* Experience with Data Mining / Advanced Analytics tools (R, Python, SAS) is an asset.
* University degree in computer science or equivalent education is an advantage.
* Strong problem solving skills, extraordinary curiosity
* Ability to work in an agile environment
* Good command of spoken and written English required, knowledge of German is an advantage, but not necessary
IT Business Intelligence
April 26th, 2018