4 months ago
Guidance, Navifation and Control Staff Engineer
Job ID: 463970BR Date posted: Dec. 17, City: Littleton State: ColoradoProgram: LM2100 Bus COE
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
LM2100 Bus Center of Excellence is searching for a Guidance, Navigation & Control GN&C Engineer to support development of GPSIII SV11+ Next Generation Satellites, as well as provide relevant GN&C Subsystem Certified Principal Engineer CPE experience and Assembly, Test, and Launch Operations ATLO experience to the a team that support Commercial Space, Military Space and Special Programs.
Job includes the design, development, implementation, verification and test of algorithms to perform guidance, navigation and control of spacecraft during earth orbit and orbital insertion. Perform control design and analyses.
The candidate should have a complete understanding of several of the following areas: Hardware CPE, Mission Design, Attitude Controls, Attitude Determination, Integrated Flight Software/Simulation FSW/Sim and Testbed Simulation.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Requires a BS degree and/or MS degree combined with experience and specialized training commensurate with the position
- Experience either as subsystem or hardware authority
- Experience including, but not limited to, GN&C hardware test, Closed Loop tests, functional tests, interface tests and Open Loop tests
- Familiarity with C++ and Unix / Linux environment
- Strong analytical background and algorithm development
- Strong Guidance, Navigation & Control GN&C background in controls and dynamics
- Launch Support and Operations experience
- Demonstrated experience in the requirements generation, design, integration, qualification, verification, and validation of Guidance, Navigation, & Control GN&C algorithms for space applications.
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Familiarity with Fortran
- Simulink experience
- Familiarity with the following GN&C Hardware: Star Trackers, MEMS Gyros, Coarse Sun Sensors and Reaction Wheels
- Experience with hardware-in-the-Loop testbeds.
- Worked in a Commercial FFP mind-set environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Software Engineering Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First