5 months ago
The Ground Service Equipment (GSE) Supervisor primary function is to oversee as well as execute all duties related to maintenance and repair of all FBO’s mechanical equipment including various facility repairs.
* Supervise and facilitate performance of GSE personnel on their assigned shift.
* Ensure all shift operations are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Maintain, repair, and determine repair and maintenance requirements of ground support equipment, vehicles, and aviation support equipment, including heavy equipment, diesel and gas powered equipment, and aircraft power units.
* Must adhere to all safety and housekeeping standards established by the Company and regulatory agencies. Maintain a clean and orderly workplace.
* Function as a Line Service Technician on an as needed basis.
* Application of the principles of the “Atlantic Attitude” at all times.
* Communication of work progress and significant issues with appropriate Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Maintain site practices and procedures that contribute to a safe, profitable, positive, and enjoyable work environment.
* Help train and develop new hire employees in accordance with established procedures.
* Ensure proper staffing and delegate work assignments for all GSE personnel.
* Ensure employees comply with company policy and procedures. Make recommendation on disciplinary action as directed by the Operations Manager and General Manager.
* Operate and maintain heavy equipment, diesel engines, vehicles, and otherwise be knowledgeable of electrical troubleshooting methods and technology.
* Inspect equipment to diagnose and troubleshoot problems identified by users.
* Perform equipment repair including portable powered equipment, aircraft power units, aircraft ground generators, tugs, and other aircraft ground support equipment.
* Perform inspection of equipment following contractor or vendor repair to insure proper operating conditions before release to users.
* Perform periodic and annual inspections and maintenance of equipment. Assist other mechanics in diagnosing and troubleshooting of equipment.
* Prepare required records and reports on all assigned GSE equipment, identify and order parts required, and provide assistance in training employees in areas of specialties.
* Enforce good housekeeping practices and uniform standards to employees.
* Operate fuel trucks, tugs, baggage handling and various other pieces of equipment as needed.
* As needed, this position will execute all duties related to daily line service operations.
* Daily quality assurance and accuracy of paperwork and auditing of repair paperwork.
* Any additional duties that may be specific or unique to your location assigned by Management
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Two (2) years experience in a supervisory/management role.
* Prefer knowledge have work experience in aircraft ground support equipment diagnostics and repair, heavy equipment repair, diesel engines, drive systems, transmissions, hydraulic pumps and servos, and general equipment maintenance specific to the identified equipment.
* Hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair of the identified equipment and be capable of utilizing the mechanical tools of the trade, including diagnostic tools, as required by the essential job functions.
* Valid state driver’s license and at least 18 years of age.
* Good communication skills, both written and oral.
* Good organizational skills.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment