about 1 year ago
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1,000 staff across eleven offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 80m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We’re looking for an analytical, experienced and creative Growth Marketing Specialist to be based in our Edinburgh. You’ll help to shape, deliver and execute the strategy and activity for our German market, to drive growth through highly-creative and high-performing marketing activities.
Are you user-centric? Product focused and growth obsessed? Can you Identify innovative growth techniques, test and scale them for hyper-growth? If you have the ability to analyse data, interpret it and understand how to use this to drive your decisions then this could be the role for you.
What you can expect as a growth manager
* A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
* A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
* An opportunity to work with teams across the business and have real influence and autonomy over strategy and delivering projects
* The opportunity to actively drive change in a fast paced, thriving and growing, unique culture
* A place where you can relish in your passion and enthusiasm for the travel market
* We deliver quickly and we’re never afraid of trying new things. Sometimes it fails but we have a culture of forgiveness and experimentation. That’s what makes us fearless in taking bigger bolder steps. We’re in this together
* An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
What we are looking for
* Previous job experience within an internet economy business or digital marketing team (focus on paid activity)
* Native German speaker & fluent in English
* Have a great knowledge of the German market particularly the digital landscape with a solid understanding of consumer behaviours
* Be knowledgeable about the strategies required to win in the German market, in terms of product, traffic acquisition, growth tactics, monetisation, etc. for both web and app
* Hands on experience in the development and implementation of paid activity
* Growth hacking mentality; Product led, data driven, highly analytical
* Case studies of how you have positively impacted growth in previous positions
* Proficient in a range of tools across the marketing stack, for example: Tableau, Mixpanel, Appflyer, Google Analytics
* Understanding of a 2-sided marketplace and how to drive growth among 2 or more distinct user groups
* Experience of working in a lean and agile environment with hands on experience of relevant techniques and tools
* Self-driven. You have fantastic organisational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily
* Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimise
* Bonus: Even better if you have basic programming skills in the likes of SQL & Python to start taking this to the next level
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
What you will get in Edinburgh -
Our Headquarters office is situated in the beautiful city of Edinburgh where the company was founded. An office which boasts an aircraft wing as its reception desk, in flight seating which double as massage chairs and many spaces to be creative and take time out to catch some headspace. Situated near the Meadows park in the midst of a thriving start up and tech community, it’s the home of many of our Product Engineering and Growth tribes and with space to hire many more staff we are excited to welcome our new recruits.
Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach 80 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
Join us now.