8 months ago
This role provides technical expertise and support in the time-critical requirement of preparation of consolidated and other statutory financial information for the Board and the public. It will also require active participation in the assurance process to ensure controls are operating throughout the Group.
* Preparation of the monthly Aviation balance sheet consolidation and related analysis.
* Review of divisional actual, forecast and budget cash flow and balance sheet submissions.
* Assist with the preparation John Menzies plc half year and full year consolidated accounts and related analysis packs.
* Preparation of a number of UK statutory accounts.
* Assist with preparation of quarterly/half yearly/annual financial statements for bank reporting purposes.
* Participation in internal audit assignments in Europe (one or two assignments a year).
* Liaison with group auditors.
* Analysis of group intercompany accounts and reserves positions (monthly FX analysis).
* Participate in quarterly balance sheet reviews of Distribution business.
* Consolidate and report on accountant’s self-certification process throughout Group.
* Consolidate and report Aviation business weekly cash position.
* Complete and file UK national statistics returns.
* Consolidate and report quarterly on guarantees & incentives paid.
* Qualified accountant – ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent.
* High level of technical accounting knowledge – both UK GAAP and IFRS.
* An excellent working knowledge of Excel.
* Ability to communicate confidently at all levels across the Group, particularly with senior and executive management.
* High levels of drive and initiative with the ability to problem solve and think analytically.
* Experience with Oracle Hyperion would be an advantage.
* Good organisational skills including the ability to effectively identify deadlines and prioritise work.
* Consolidation experience an advantage.
What you'll get in return
Please note this is a GRADE 12 position.
In addition to a competitive salary the wider benefits of this role include, but are not limited to, opportunity to be considered for; Bonus Scheme, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Insurance, Savings Related Share Option Scheme, Car Allowance, Private Medical Insurance, Childcare Voucher Scheme and a Long Term Disability Scheme.
To follow aviation security requirements, working in an Airside role you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
* JD - Group Financial Accountant.pdf (195.80 KB)
* Apply NowPlease apply via the Apply button