Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants. Role:
Ground Support Systems Technician Pay
: £14 per hour (PAYE) Contract:
37 Hours a week – 24 month contract Location:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join my client as a Ground Support Systems Technician working specifically with Maintenance Data Systems (MDS). You will be based in Brize Norton providing onsite support to the customer. You will be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the MDS, running backups, re configuring the system, cleansing data and managing the network. You will support the configuration of both the portable and static network, providing complete systems support to the entire station support team. Responsibilities: -
Skills/Experience Required: -
- Provide local expertise to MOD in order to advise the customer in all activities relevant to A400M GSD support and operation.
- Provide guidance to the personnel in the usage of the MDS.
- Ensure GSD and MDS systems support on-site according to contractual obligations towards MOD.
- Provide feedback and proposals to improve customer satisfaction while enhancing Support contract profitability.
- Ensure Support performances with regards to the GSD and MDS are in line with the contracted service level agreement.
- Support personnel in troubleshooting of the GSD and MDS hardware and software.
- Ensure the appropriate configuration of GSD hardware and software (e.g. databases management).
- Support personnel in the loading of reference data (e.g. load new aircraft data at each new aircraft delivery).
- Support the Line Mil Part 145 and Mil Part 145 MRO, Mil Part M. Organisations.
Create an appropriate query/answer catalogue for the more frequent issues.
Essential requirements –
- Familiar with maintenance and troubleshooting of tools such as Aircraft ground support system tools.
- Good knowledge of Hardware maintenance level 1 for enterprise systems.
- Working knowledge of; shell scripting; enterprise backup principals/software; VMware; Vsphere; installation/configuration of virtual systems.
- Software development experience, with the ability to test and implement solutions.
- Ability to test and debug data base languages including ORACLE, access - including database performance tuning, problem solving, data base management)
- Familiar with types (A380 or 330/340) operation in airlines would be a bonus.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Ability to manage customer expectations.
- Negotiation level English both verbal and written.
- Ideally an IT or Engineering background.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Callie Warner at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”