7 months ago
Job Title Ground School Technical Instructor
Division Flight Operations
Department Commercial Operations
Job Type Permanent
Location - Country South Africa
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Site Operations
Purpose and Context of the Job Comair Limited, a JSE listed Aviation Company, is looking for applicants for a Ground School Technical Instructor position based at Comair's Operations Centre in Rhodesfield, Johannesburg. The Ground School Technical Instructor will be responsible for conducting training in support of operational safety and service delivery to flight deck crew according to the highest possible standard of operation with regards to predetermined standards and practices.
Key Performance Areas • To develop training programs for Comair flight deck crew and other operational related subjects.
• To conduct internal and external training in the technical aspects of aircraft systems according to the operations manual, CARS and IOSA standards.
• To ensure the currency of all relevant training material in line with regulatory authorities.
• To assist in the maintenance of the ground school equipment and facilities to ensure all is operational and serviceable.
• To perform general administrative duties within the training department.
• To assist with ad hoc duties as delegated by manager.
Requirements • Grade 12 (Essential)
• Aircraft trade qualification or equivalent (Essential)
• Tertiary qualification in training (Desirable)
• Five years’ experience as a Technician within an Aircraft Maintenatance Organisation (AMO) environment (Essential) OR five years' experience as a Flight Engineer (Essential)
• One year's experience as a Technical Training Instructor (Desirable)
• Knowledge of commercial aircraft systems (Essential)
• Technical knowledge of Airbus A320 systems (Desirable)