6 months ago
Ground Operations Team Leader - 2 positions (Permanent, Full Time)
Reporting to the Airport Duty Manager, this highly critical leadership opportunity is responsible for the daily supervision of port based customer service functions to ensure excellent customer service and operational integrity. The position of Team Leader will drive allocation and oversight of duties to Customer Service Offiers (CSO)/Cabin Baggage Officers (CBO) and co-ordination of the customer service function in an assigned area to allow for an efficient customer experience and strong operational performance (OTP).
Some key responsibilities include:
* Provide mentoring and on the job assistance to CSO's and CBO's in leading by example
* Oversight of CSO/CBO's assigned daily duties
* Overseeing the Day to Day operations for Overwing Activities
* Drive Key Deliverables according to scorecard relating to Safety, OTP, Financial, Customer and Staff.
* Achieve efficiencies from rostered duties to ensure a hassle free customer experience and high level of staff engagement
* Contribution towards positive NPS scores for the local port and network
* Act as the initial escalation point for problem resolution and disrupt coordination, achieve not only a strong customer service culture but also efficiencies in disrupt handling and operations
To be considered in this position, you will have:
* Minimum 12 months experience within an operational role, preferably within the Aviation industry
* Extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of customer service function, customer service strategy and service philosophy.
* Extensive knowledge of customer recovery (customer disruption) techniques.
* Basic understanding of industrial awards and agreements and their application in the workplace.
* Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and balance multiple time sensitive issues.
* Demonstrated team leadership skills in an operationally driven customer service environment.
* Demonstrated cultural sensitivity, safety focus and high standard of personal presentation.
* Demonstrated organisational expertise, with the ability to work within company and group policy.
* 'Hands on' experience – willingness to work directly with customers and team members.
* Confidence in communicating and in facilitating meetings
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 8000 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 5000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations in 18 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
Applications close 23 February 2019.