5 months ago
Ground Operations Support Manager
Ground Operations Support Manager
(based in Budapest)
Purpose of the position:
Ground Operations Support Manager is responsible to manage, lead and do all kind of projects, development, assessments, calculations, presentations supporting Ground Operations on the Wizz Air network with special focus on Performance Development, Ground Operations Service Level related matters, Delay code management and GO budgeting but not restricted to them.
This manager is also responsible for all aspects of the safe, cost-effective and punctual running of their allocated base(s) operation, plus a number of satellite stations on the Wizz Air network. This manager will own and maintain all local relationships at their nominated base(s) and satellite airports from airport and handling to state departments. The position will ensure that Wizz Air has the best possible representation in the local market, and that business is conducted in keeping with both Wizz Air’s and EU regulations. This manager will ensure that all key internal stakeholders from CEO level down are kept fully informed and are suitably represented as required on all issues concerning the local market and operation.
This role will be the most senior representative of Wizz Air at the nominated locations and, as such, will represent Wizz Air at a senior level on both operational and commercial matters.
This position will provide support elsewhere in the Wizz Air network, at current and future locations served, as required.
GO Performance Development and GO Training
* Owning, managing all kind of Winter related operational projects, audits, preparations for the whole network, including De-icing optimization, liquid usage, close follow up of de-icing reporting platform, chase up GHA partners and reporting weekly/monthly/yearly in cooperation with relevant GOMs and ADMs.
* Calculate SLA penalties and manage SLA charging/invoicing/off-setting thorough outside partners and Wizz departments (Apt. Dev., Finance, Maintenance, etc.) on the whole network in coordination with the relevant GOMs and ADMs.
* Assisting and follow up the GO related budgeting tasks with special focus but not restricted to the yearly budget planning and forecasting.
* Constant Delay code monitoring on daily bases, delay code correction and management for the whole network with alignment of the relevant GOMs.
* Oversight the GO performance in Wizz Air network on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly bases.
* Analyse performance and present them on daily/weekly meetings.
* Analyse all kind of trends of D15 and other major KPI’s performances and present them on weekly D15 meetings.
* Leading and managing the GO related APU/GPU optimization processes.
* Liaise with AD and ND teams to adjust schedules, represent GO interest in schedule planning.
* Manage and contribute in the development of GO training structure, its constant improvement and fine tuning.
* Monitoring, organizing and maintaining GH trainings, manage GHA’s agent training records for audit readiness at any time.
* Monitor baggage performance and liaise with CR.
* Manage any other GO related project and processes according to business needs.
GOM towards specific locations
* Lead and manage the airline’s ground handling suppliers and airport companies at the nominated base(s) and satellite airports to deliver targeted performance outcomes in all areas of safety, compliance, cost control and operational performance.
* Ensure that ground handling companies and airport operations comply with Wizz Air’s safety standards at all times.
* Manage cost in line with budget and deliver ever lower cost operational solutions and arrangements with the growth of the airline, achieving volume based discounts. Identify all new opportunities for operational improvement and/or cost savings in the nominated area of responsibility.
* Ensure scalable growth for the nominated base(s) and satellite airports in all areas including, but not limited to, the start-up of new operational locations, the increasing of base sizes, alternate and diversion arrangements and close management of any disruption.
* Contribution to preparation of standard ground handling agreement (SGHA) templates
* Execution of full scale supplier (organizational) audits and management of other GOMs in audit planning, reporting and follow-up.
* Management of trainings and training schedule of GOMs
* Participation in internal and external quality/compliance related cross-functional projects,
* Involvement in bird & wildlife management monitoring,
* Provision of support to OCC in management of disrupted flights and relevant customer care.
* Undertaking of station visits and relevant audits/inspections/trainings as well as follow up on outstanding items as Air Safety reports, mystery passenger report, audit findings and other findings within the confines of Ground Operations processes,
* Support the Ground Operations Team in activities across the network as required
* General administration and reporting duties.
* College/University degree
* Proven experience in the aviation industry – primarily operational, but also commercial
* Ability to live and work in Budapest with frequent travels
* Fluent English speaker
* Advanced analytical and presentation skill
* Advanced negotiation skills
* Creative and proactive personality with „can do” approach
* Leadership skills
* Advanced computer skills
* Time flexibility and ability to travel
* Ability to work in shifts and under pressure
* Experienced with working to deliver company’s KPIs
* Flexible approach and ability to remain diplomatic