5 months ago
Ground Operations Planner
1 month ago(1/24/2019 9:46 PM)
# of Openings
Atlas Air, Inc
This position is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager of Ground Services with all ground services functions for both Atlas and Polar Air. These services consist of ground handling set up, aircraft fuel operations, administration of several data bases, aircraft deicing, services and aircraft cabin services
* Responsible for the initial set up for all charters to include: handling and fueling
* Responsible for aircraft fuel operations and ensure supply world wide
* Responsible for supplier compliance with government regulations and company standards and policies
* Tracks and maintains a data base of all into-plane fuel agents, fuel farms, ground handling vendors and aircraft de-icing vendors for Atlas and Polar world wide
* Responsible for tracking and managing station reviews for Supplier Performance program
* Responsible for providing preferential fueling strategies (Fuel Tankering)
* Maintains and ensures compliance with Fueling and Ground Services Manuals
* Coordinates interdepartmental ground services related activities
* Liaise between ground handlers and fuel suppliers, operations and accounting departments
* Responsible for research and completed suitabilities for airports to include maintaining Suitability database.
* Responsible for Animal charters pre alerts (AVI Alert form) to downline stations.
* Responsible for vendor payment requirements at each station.
* Be a support to all other departments that are involved with the operation.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Minimum of one year airline experience
* Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Management or Business
* Good management and negotiations skills
* Proficiency in IT systems including WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint
* Good written and verbal skills
* Ability to lead and work with interdepartmental teams
* Ability to multitask and coordinate time sensitive duties