Ground Operations Manager - Aircraft Operations
Exciting new permanent opportunity for a Ground Operations Manager - Aircraft Operations based at London Heathrow Airport.
Due to the opening and continued expansion of our client, a new Air Cargo Carrier, we are looking for a Ground Operations Manager - Aircraft Operations based at London Heathrow Airport.
The Ground Operations Manager - Aircraft Operations shall, as part of the Ground Operations management team:
* Coordinate the day-to-day running of the Ground Operations department, ensuring the department provides support and direction across all reportable locations worldwide, according to the standards and requirements of the company
* Ensure that Ground Operations policy and process is developed, communicated and maintained in line with applicable regulations
* Act as the Ground Operations link between all departments in order to fulfil corporate and customer expectations linked to aircraft Ground Operations.
* Oversight and control of daily Ground Operations requirements
* Implementation, control and oversight of Scheduled Service Monitoring processes - Operational Messaging, Flight Schedule, Station Reports
* Providing technical expertise regarding aircraft and airline operating capabilities and functions, including but not limited to; aircraft scheduling, load enquiries, loadability studies, special projects and Dangerous Goods
* Instigation and undertaking of investigations relating to aircraft damage reports, service failures, documentation errors, Weight and Balance and crew reports
* Management-level liaison with third-party service providers and accountable/reportable internal departments including meetings and conference calls
* Administration and development of departmental documentation including Manuals, Notices and Forms
* Oversight and application of the Ground Operations section of the Centrik system
* Administration and development of the company Weight and Balance program, both manual and computerised, to include daily oversight of AOC-critical CHAMP Weight and Balance software.
* Oversight and provision of Ground Operations training program, including but not limited to; Training Policy, Station Training (Operations and Ground Services), Weight and Balance training and Aircrew Operator Conversion training (initial and recurrent), to the requirements of the Loading and Fuelling Manual and Ground Services Manual
* Auditing of Weight and Balance documentation
* Undertake station visits and perform assessments and audits of service providers to ensure compliant operations
* Coverage of company flight operations as Ground Operations representative, including scheduled services and charter operations
* Provide appropriate support and guidance to other departments and colleagues
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of company operations, manufacturer and operator documentation, regulating authority requirements, relevant systems and procedures.
* Shall be responsible for the proper and timely performance of duties assigned.
* Certified, experienced Loadmaster with minimum 5 years on B747F
* Experience of manual and computerised Weight & Balance
* Working knowledge of Boeing technical documentation
* Background of higher education
* In-depth knowledge and qualification in IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
* Experience of worldwide ground operations and remote location operations
* Experience of training and development in a managerial/supervisory role
* Proactive team player
* Must be computer literate and experienced in the use of MS Office products
* Must be able, willing and available to travel to foreign locations, at short notice for extended periods of time, as is reasonably required by the company
* Must hold a full UK Driving Licence