4 months ago
Ground Operations Agent - LCF Temp
4 weeks ago(4/19/2019 3:59 PM)
# of Openings
Atlas Air, Inc
Performs duties relating to the loading/unloading of aircraft, flight following, customs and cargo handling to ensure that company meets all company and governmental policies and regulations that customers receive quality service.
* Track flights and advise staff and handlers of ETA/ETD and handling required.
* Complete and reviews data entry to ensure accuracy and completeness and corrects inaccurate and/or incomplete information.
* Communicates serious issues to management.
* Inspects aircraft cargo, identifies unsafe and insecure cargo and ensures problems are addressed and corrected.
* Prepares aircraft cargo documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness and corrects inaccurate and/or incomplete information. Communicates serious issues to management.
* Completes HAZMAT loading documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness and correct inaccurate and/or incomplete information. Communicates serious issues to management.
* Completes validation and verification reports as required.
* Completes paperwork and reports, including pallet off-inventory, on-hand inventory, pallet/net/strap reports and lock/net discrepancy reports, and provides to corporate and/or appropriate sources.
* When applicable, develops and distributes load plans to appropriate personnel.
* Verifies completion of weight and balance documentation and obtains necessary approvals prior to take-off.
* Blocks aircraft in and out on landing and departure.
* Inspects aircraft cargo to ensure safe and secure and reviews documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
* Ensures accuracy and completeness of HAZMAT loading paperwork, notifies crew of location and, if necessary, obtains appropriate approvals prior to take-off.
* When necessary, runs main deck controls for aircraft loading/unloading of cargo.
* Creates applicable Declaration for Customs and Agriculture.
* Establishes and maintains working relationships with Customs, Agriculture Department, flight crews, crew transport, other line stations’ ground operations personnel, sales/customer service personnel, vendors and HDQ Dispatch.
* Operates GSE and UGSE equipment required for flight handling.
* Performs inspections on UGSE and loading racks and reports any discrepancies to proper Supervisor.
* Performs other duties as assigned, including GSE and UGSE maintenance.
* Applies understanding of aircraft positions and heights, aircraft weight limitations and aircraft overhangs.
* Proficiently utilizes MTS and LCL.
* Knows and adheres to company operating policies, operations, processes and procedures appropriate to the job.
* Knows and adheres to aircraft, vehicle and employee safety rules and regulations.
* Understanding and uses UGSE operations and inspections processes.
* Uses ability to track and coordinate multiple issues simultaneously.
* Computer literate
* Basic math skills
* Previous airline experience preferable
* High school or equivalent work experience