8 months ago
Graduate Software Engineer
Specific Job Description
Lockheed Martin is extending its capability within the Cyber and Analytics arena. Core competencies are required in:
* Software & Systems Development.
* Cyber Security.
* Data Analytics.
* Intelligence Analytics.
Lockheed Martin is looking for talented software engineering and computer science graduates to join its team in the Gloucestershire area. You will become part of a dynamic and innovative team working on key cyber software development related programmes. Projects offer complex and challenging opportunities that involve diverse technologies and product types and are of varying budget, duration, and scope.
The company offers graduate training and enhanced leadership development programmes enabling successful candidates to be future leaders in their respective disciplines. The Cyber and Analytics software team require graduates with potential to assume leadership positions
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission System (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
BPSS, CTC, DV, SC
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C++ or C#.
* Sound knowledge of OOP principles.
* Proven ability to learn quickly.
* Team player.
* Self starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
* A high standard of ethics and personal accountability.
* Desire to develop well-rounded software engineering skills.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Experience of any of the following technologies is desirable:
* JEE, JBoss Application Server, Service Oriented Architecture, Web services, EJB, Hibernate.
* Data persistence and management using SQL (Oracle) or noSQL (MongoDB) technologies.
Desired Skills (contd):
* Elasticsearch, Hadoop and Spark.
* JUnit, Cucumber and Selenium.
* Software development in a Unix/Linux environment.
* Software development in an agile environment using SCRUM.
* Developing software in a cloud environment.
* JIRA or Rational Team Concert.
* Design and implementation of a software development environment on a mid-sized (team) project.
* Software engineering activities within a government customer environment.
* Experience with COTS/FOSS integration.
* Complex/efficient data parsing/processing.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Ideally require a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Individuals with equivalent experience / combined education will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.