3 months ago
Government Acct Mgr. State & Higher Education- East Region
Post Begin Date
20 hours ago(3/13/2019 5:55 PM)
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The ideal candidate would preferably reside in Baltimore, Washington DC, Nashville or Orlando area. The territory includes East Coast, including but not limited to MD, DC, NY, PA, MA, NC, GA,TN and FL.
Drives increasing sales, establish formal partnerships, and broaden awareness of Southwest Airlines business travel programs and serivces to Government Accounts and Universities, with an emphasis on growing emerging State Accounts and develop new university agreements.
* The Government Account Manager for State Accounts & Universities will focus on growing Southwest Airlines government account base through effective account management and consultative sales techniques.
* The primary responsibilities for the team will be to grow Southwest Airlines market-share and incremental business with State Government accounts and public and private universities.
* Additionally, the account manager is responsible for establishing Southwest as a preferred carrier through formal agreements (RFP's, negotiations, long term contracts).
* This position requires nationwide travel, up to 60%, including overnight trips.
* This position is a virtual position, requireing the government account manager to home office.
* The team will be supplied with the proper resources, i.e. sales training, promotional offers, computer, pda, etc, to allow them to successfully perform their duties.
* Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
* May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* Bachelors Degree required
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in selling to government, universities, or large corporations (with an emphasis on F1000 and top privately held) or equivalent airline marketing/sales experience required.
* Experience with co-creating new programs with clients who have fragmented policies and diverse travel product needs (i.e. transient, meeting, charter, and groups) preferred.
* Experience in increasing market-share and product utilization through effective sales or marketing strategies and account management required.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time during industry trade shows and executive presentations.
* Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
* Must be self-directed and resourceful to accomplish position responsibilities with minimal direction while working in a virtual office.
* Must demonstrate ability to prospect government and university clients, within and outside the Southwest Airlines network.
* Preferred to have thorough knowledge of industry corporate travel distribution tools as well as the capacity to learn Southwest Airlines distribution tools and multichannel distribution strategy (i.e. SWABIZ, Southwest Gateway Services, GDS, and other unconventional distribution tools), as well as the suite of business travel products and services.
* Must demonstrate the ability to analyze data and identify value creating opportunities to meet sales objectives and department goals.
* Efficient facilitation of cross functional and within team/organization meetings,
* Assumes Leadership role for cross-funtional projects/scope of work and drives Team to delivery of said goals
* Must demonstrate the ability to think strategically and identify and communicate industry trends, with proposed recommendations and/or solutions.
* Must demonstrate success in growing market share with large brand name companies, universities, and/or government agencies.
* Ability to confidently present before the public, large audiences, and C-level executives.
* Must possess excellent organizational skills.
* Must be able to handle multiple situations simultaneously.
* Must possess excellent leadership skills, specifically the ability to lead collaborative efforts with government travel decision makers to meet goals as well as lead travel forums, roundtables, business travel association events, etc.
* Must demonstrate the ability to think strategically and co-crate roadmaps to achieve objectives in long sales cycles.
* Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally, in person, over the phone, or via written correspondence.
* Must have judgment sufficient to handle and solve complex challenges independently and work under stressful situations.
* Must be proficient with MS Office Suite computer applications, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experience with Salesforce or similar CRM tools is preferred.
* Must possess excellent organizational skills.
* Must be able to comprehend and execute complex documents like RFP's, legal agreements, proposals, etc. with a high degree of accuracy.
* Demonstrate the ability to onboard quickly to become proficient in Southwest Airlines business travel products/services, distribution portfolio, and specific territory service.
* Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
* Proficiency with government policies as well as group, meeting, and charter business is preferred.
* Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator's license.
* Must have flexibility to work long hours, including weekends, and travel up to 60% of the time, including some overnight stays.
* Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
* The selected candidate would ideally live either in Baltimore, Washington DC, Nashville or Orlando area.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Refer a FriendRefer
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?