‘Go-Team’ Aircraft Engineer - 2 positions [home based]
Flybmi are recruiting for a B1 or combined B1/B2 - Embraer 145 type rated licensed engineer, who is looking to be continually challenged, enjoys a variety of work, in a fast-moving and challenging environment. The engineer shall have the ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and be able to work in a high-pressure situation. We are looking for an engineer to respond at a moment’s notice to our business critical needs to recover our aircraft ’down-route’ and return the aircraft to service in a fast, efficient & SAFE manner.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Carry out in an efficient and expeditious manner, all maintenance activities as directed by any member of the supervisory staff.
• Ensure that all duties are performed to the highest standard of maintenance.
• Carry out the certification of maintenance within the scope of their authorisation held for work completed by themselves and others.
• Ensure that all work carried out complies with the requirements of both the Regulatory Authority and Company requirements.
• Observance of all Health and Safety requirements.
• Assist in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the working environment.
• Observance of all current security regulations and precautions.
• Cover shortages in Engineering around the network – non AOG work.
• Be ‘on-call’ and be available to travel for AOG aircraft recovery immediately within your shift period
Qualifications / Experience Required:
Minimum of 5 years recent line maintenance experience on EMB 135/145.
EASA Part 66 B1 or B1/2 Licence.
‘Current’ Embraer 135/145 authorisation.
Documented evidence of prior relevant experience, which must include 6 months in the last 24 months on type.
Be ‘current’ with all Mandatory Training. (C.T, H.F, FTSL 1 & 2, & EWIS)
Package and Benefits:
Basic starting salary £36,309
Various additional allowances [as detailed in the Memorandum of Agreement]
Annual Leave – increasing by one additional day per completed holiday year worked for a period of 5 year’s service.
8 Statutory Bank Holidays.
Group Life Insurance.
Professional and skills-based development opportunities.
Hours of Work:
Permanent full time [40hrs]
Shift work. [One week on one week off rotation]
It is envisaged that this role will be ‘home based’ and the successful person will be expected to be located within 60 minutes of a major UK airport – Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Southampton, London airports (all) – to respond to any call.
To apply, please send your current CV to the email address provided.
Closing date: Friday, 15 February 2019, 12 noon.