8 months ago
Requisition ID: 13736
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Global Product Manager to join our team in Annapolis, MD (IMS INC) (5010). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins has revolutionized the way airports, airlines, and travel operators move passengers and baggage to their destinations. We offer unparalleled expertise in shared systems and networking—integrating the entire airport enterprise for check-in and boarding, baggage handling, passenger self-service check-in, and other important functions. As the benchmark for common-use passenger technologies, we help airports and airlines reduce costs, improve service, and strengthen security.
The Global Product Management Team is responsible for the overall management of the airports systems global product portfolio. The Global Product Manager will report to the Director, Global Product Management and Strategic Programs and will be responsible for assigned product ranges.
* Defining Rockwell Collin’s IMS airport product vision and roadmap.
* Working with all stakeholders internal and external to ensure all stakeholder needs are identified and successfully addressed.
* Taking ownership of all required product business plans including Statement of Need user requirements and functional specifications.
* Delivery of user requirement documents and functional specifications with prioritized features and corresponding justifications.
* Understanding the market, competition, and competing products.
* Working with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
* Understanding of current development technologies and systems architectures as used in an airports environment
* Developing required capital financing plans and justifications.
* Working with Product Development group for the delivery of agreed products and services.
* Developing commercial documentation to ensure our message to customers is accurate and of interest.
* Preparing and delivering product collateral.
* Utilizing the product management strategic tools available.
* Preparing the capital plan for required development activities and ensuring that the agreed deliverables are produced on time and within budget.
* Setting up and demonstrating systems at customer meetings and trade shows.
* Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience.
* Six (6) years of proven working experience in an airline or airport operations environment.
* Experience with product management in a relevant field.
* Experience presenting material to both technical and business audiences.
* Experience with launching new products.
* Experience in application development
* Ability to take market research and customer requirements to perform gap analysis.
* Ability to conduct market analysis and prepare new product business plans.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong technical skills in MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
* Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
* A technical Degree plus an MBA is deirable.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.