7 months ago
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics ("BI&A") is seeking talented and experienced Geospatial Technician(s) whose analytical skills will be utilized to acquire, analyze, compile, evaluate and review geospatial data. The systems, programs, and projects the successful candidate will be involved with, utilize a large spectrum of GIS Intelligence based software platforms, to include ArcGIS, Socet GXP, Socet Set, and other internally developed tools like Open/Crowd Source data collection tools, and Terrain Production tools.
The Geospatial Technician duties entail:
* Exploit, extract, format, manipulate, and symbolize geospatial data.
* Ensure the quality, accuracy and currency of geospatial information is precise, utilizing standardized checklists, work instructions and project configuration documentation to ensure consistent quality of geospatial products.
* Work together in a team environment to meet 1st Time Right Quality goals while maintaining on time deliveries to our customers.
* Experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
* Foundation Geospatial Data production (conflation, enrichment, maintenance activities)
* High Resolution Terrain production (must have stereo acuity).
* Experience with commercial off the shelf (COTS) GIS software packages, specifically ArcGIS 10.x and Socet GXP/Socet Set.
* Experience with large data set production (using queries, symbology, templates)
* Strong communication skills utilizing both verbal and electronic formats.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (NOT REQUIRED):
* Secret Security Clearance
* Model builder and/or Python script creation to streamline production steps on large datasets.
* Creation of innovative solutions to real word GIS issues (enhanced workflows, advanced technology identification, automation).
* Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four-year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)