8 months ago
If you are looking to launch your career in the aerospace industry, then consider joining us by reading further!
In this entry level role, you will perform minor and routine building maintenance tasks both inside and outside of the facility and maintain the grounds. Assist skilled trades persons and perform labouring activities in the installation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
• Responsible for general facility maintenance upkeep, facilities condition reporting ,and completing customer work requests.
• Performs routine maintenance work such as replacing light bulbs, minor plumbing repairs, facility repairs, and changing air filters.
• Assists with minor office equipment moves and meeting set-ups as needed or requested.
• Performs minor repairs on facilities and equipment as requested.
• Performs exterior maintenance such as snow removal from sidewalks, salting sidewalks, etc.
• Operates a motor vehicle, forklift truck or bob cat to transport equipment/supplies to other plant locations.
• Supports emergency cleaning needs (i.e. water spills, etc.).
• Responsible for basic maintenance of equipment used in this position.
• Applies paint and other finishes to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings and other structures.
• Supports and provides assistance to maintenance technicians in their maintenance and repair duties.
• Knowledge of facilities condition assessments and general facilities maintenance.
• Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to perform minor plumbing and building repairs (i.e. door closers, door seals, etc.)
• Holds a valid class 5 driver's license (or equivalent) and a valid forklift operator's license.
• Thorough knowledge in the application and use of painting materials.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, push, pull, crouch, crawl and/or climb for prolonged periods.
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.