about 1 month ago
Job Category: Manufacturing / Production / Operations
Title: General Machinist - Manual Milling
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our Operations organization.
Day to Day:
· Reads (customer)documentation, drawings and understand the specifications.
· Identify requirements to manufacture fixture components.
· Produce parts in line with drawing tolerances.
· Operate Bridgeport Milling Machine.
· Operate various tool room machines including EDM machinery.
· Identify opportunities for improvement and act on, including reporting.
· Preventive maintenance
What you will do:
What you need to succeed:
1. Team player – Be able to work as a team.
2. Organisational skills – Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily workload. Ability to meet deadlines.
3. Attention to detail – Pay meticulous attention to details
4. Computer literacy – Basic operating level required
5. Perseverance – Pursue everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; give up seldom even in the face of resistance or setbacks. Proactive attitude and ability to act on own initiative
· Formal engineering qualification desirable.
· Time served tool making apprenticeship desirable.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience of tool making
· Primary area working on Bridgeport manual milling machines.
· Experience of Jig Bore, Surface / Cylindrical Grinding and EDM machines desirable.
· Experience working in a fast paced production environment producing tooling to high tolerances.
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging
assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.