3 months ago
General Ledger Accountant – Credit Control
The General Ledger Accountant – Credit Control is part of the Record-to-Report function which focuses on closing the IFRS and Belgian GAAP accounts in order to provide adequate reporting to management and the shareholders. Credit Control is a unique and specific focus for this role.
* Follow-up on the collection of invoiced amounts from Groups, Allotments and Charter invoices as well as various miscellaneous invoicing. This involves contact with customers’ representatives (phone, email) as well as communication through dunning letters,…
* Keep colleagues in commercial department (in particular Groups) and invoicing department up to speed on collection status and issues. Escalate when long overdue amounts cannot be collected.
* Calculation and posting of bad debt provision and IFRS9 provisions
* Create reports on the ageing of accounts receivable positions and other management reports as required
* Obtain credit rating requests using our external rating agency and support decision making on credit allowance, BSP access or other uses of this info
* Ensure adequacy of credit control related general ledger accounts, ensuring reconciliation and supports internal and external audit questions in this area
* Prepare input for passenger tax related invoicing for charter customers
General Accounting activities – Bank Statement processing
* Process (part of) the bank statements for both the head office as well as European outstations in an accurate and timely fashion.
* Monitor the bank statement loading and interpretation processes and manage these to obtain maximum efficiency
* Follow-up on cash in transit and holding accounts as used by the bank statement processing function to ensure accurate reporting and profit/cost recognition
General Ledger Accounting - Other
* As part of the Record-to-Report accounting team, other general ledger activities can be assigned, in particular with respect to monthly close cycles.
* Part of or lead of special general ledger accounting projects in order to deal with new company activities or efficiency projects in function of time available and maturity in the role.
Complexity – Contacts
* Ensure timely payment of invoices by customers and prevent ticket usage before collection
* External corporate customers
* Commercial departments
* Internal and External Audit
* Bachelor degree in Accounting or similar through experience
* Minimum 2 years of credit control or accounting experience
* Experience of working in a complex accounting environment (SAP or similar, multi-currency, …)
* Facts and figures minded
* Interpersonal skills: ability to communicate effectively with customers
* Excellent verbal and written skills, ideally in English, French and Dutch
* SAP experience
* Flexible and agile to focus on changing priorities