9 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Galley Planning Specialist – Jetz will contribute to the Product Design team in its mandate to create menus, galley and stowage specifications for Jetz, Air Canada’s charter aviation service provider for professional sports teams, entertainment groups and corporate clients.
The incumbent, based at Air Canada’s Montreal headquarters, will play a key role in designing ergonomically sound galley specifications and liaising with operational branches and caterers for a variety of charter operations. This position reports to the Galley Planning Manager.
* Develop and implement menus and stowage specifications for food and service equipment for Jetz charters.
* Conduct cabin crew training ahead of hockey and baseball seasons, as well as specialty charters, on Jetz catering and ordering processes, cost effectiveness, waste management and food safety, and attend debrief sessions at the end of each season.
* Work closely with Service Directors to provide advice on cost effective catering options in various cities.
* Communicate with the catering group to properly convey sports team’s nutritional requirements.
* Receive invoices from caterers and validate all information before sending off for processing.
* Issue stowage information bulletins to Caterers and Air Canada Catering Operations team.
* Develops solutions to solve stowage or operations related challenges relating to the Jetz operation.
* Chair the bi-monthly Gate Gourmet/Jetz conference to inform caterers of upcoming charters and provide operational direction.
In addition, the Galley Planning Specialist – Jetz is responsible for fulfilling the following duties on a rotating basis with team colleagues, or as required:
* Assist, as assigned, in the introduction of new aircraft types, new routes and new or modified product standards for Air Canada mainline, Rouge, Jazz and Express flights.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills with an aptitude to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities under strict deadlines.
* Knowledge and experience in airline catering and stowage operations an asset.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially MS Excel/Word/Power Point).
* Proven ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
* Sense of initiative, self discipline and proactive thinking to problem solve.
* Strong interpersonal skills; must be a team player.
* University degree an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Marketing / Communications / Public Relations