FRMS Development & Systems Safety Officer
Our client, one of Europe's biggest airlines, are looking for a FRMS Development & Systems Safety Officer on a permanent basis at London Luton Airport.
The Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS) Development & Systems Safety Officer (FDSSO) reports to the Head of FRMS, working as part of the FRMS Development & Systems team, within the Safety, Security & Compliance Group. The FDSSO assists in the development of the entire Fatigue Risk Management System, takes part in the design, build analysis and administration for APEX (Alertness and Performance Examination research), and undertakes analysis and design of roster metrics, predictive models, and evaluation of scientific research for incorporation into FRMS risk assessments.
The FDSSO will be passionate about technological advancements, safety, and aviation. They support the company model by facilitating the company's business and commercial goals within an appropriately risk controlled environment - ensuring that safety is the number one priority.
* Assisting with the development of new and innovative internal FRMS training.
* Assist with the development of the FRAM (Fatigue Risk Assessment Model) and encourage further advancements in bio mathematical modelling.
* Design and structure FRMS analysis when requested by members of the FRMS team.
* Work with the FRMS Development & Systems Executive with the design, analysis and administration of APEX to include: basic study principals, roster design, participant screening and recruitment, participant briefings, creation and analysis of workbooks and sleep diaries.
* Actively analyse FRMS data to assist in reduction of fatigue related risk within the airline, look for trends and assess new analysis techniques.
* Constantly look for ways in which to improve FRMS process and streamline all FRMS activities
* Liaise closely with FRMS Safety, Assurance & Liaison Officers on FRMS identified risk areas and formulating strategies for process change where appropriate.
* Have the competency to perform both FTL & FRMS training where tasked by the FRMS leadership team.
* Ability to stand in for FRMS Safety or Assurance officers during times of exceptionally high workload.
* Attending the FRMS Safety Action Group and presenting analyses and updates on FRMS research as necessary.
* Deputise for FRMS Development & Systems Executive at stakeholder meetings when required.
* Assist in the maintenance and development of external relationships with partner organisations and institutions.
* At least three years in an aviation or similarly relevant risk controlled environment.
* Fundamental knowledge of the interaction between operational safety and wider business needs.
* Experienced at performing numerical/statistical analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to learn and apply knowledge
* Exceptional IT skills including expert knowledge in Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
* SQL knowledge very desirable
* A keen interest in fatigue research and fatigue risk management.
* Proven ability to work on own initiative.
* Appreciation of bio mathematical fatigue models.
* Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
* Capability to think 'outside the box' to come up with positive solutions