Senior FPGA Engineer - Newport
Please note: We can only consider candidates who are elligable for UKSV Security Clearance (SC) and have worked in a SC environment in the last 12 months
Our client, a world leading Aerospace & Defence company are currently looking for a Senior FPGA Engineer to join their Cyber Security Team at their site in Newport
Due to a significant increase in expected key management contracts and the need to continue Ectocryp, R&D and MoL activities throughout 2019, there is a requirement for additional Senior FPGA Engineers within the Cyber Security development team based in Newport.
The Role is based in, Newport, South Wales, with infrequent requirements for business travel within the UK.
· Must have experience of FPGA design & implementation for secure communications equipment or equivalent
· Must have excellent FPGA development process knowledge
· Must be an experienced engineer, fully versed in design methodologies for their field able to work on their own, but providing regular reporting
· Must have recent design experience of several of the following device families:
· Must have recent experience of using several of the following tools/development environments:
- Altera Quartus II
- Mentor HDL Designer
- Mentor ModelSim
- MicroSemi Libero IDE
- Microsemi Libero SoC
- Xilinx Vivado
Must be proficient in the use of VHDL
Must be proficient in the use of at least one simulation tool
Must be proficient in the use of at least one FPGA synthesis tool
Must have a good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation
Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
Must have good team working skills
If you are looking for your next role as a Senior FPGA Engineer in Newport, please get in touch.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.