FOST Helicopter Support Pilot
British International Helicopters has an exciting opportunity for a Pilot to join our small team of professionals at our Newquay Base, flying the AS365N2. Our Pilots form an integral and important part of our helicopter support with this role supporting one of our key clients.
This is a fixed term employment position between 1st Oct 2019 and March 2021.
The successful candidate will be an experienced pilot with a military maritime background operating on our naval support contract, reporting to the Managing Pilot. Roles within the operation involve passenger transfer to ships within the English Channel but can be located elsewhere. Flights are also undertaken on other roles including training support. Deck operations to ships are a core requirement in this challenging environment.
Some specific tasks required of our pilots include:
· Maintenance of training currencies and qualifications
· Carrying out flights safely in accordance with the Company Operations Manual
· Ensuring complaince with the Fatigue Risk Management System.
· Liaising with the crew throughout flight to ensure the service provided meets the demanding standards required
· Ensuring passsengers are adequately briefed before flight
· Maintaining the highest safety standards
· Providing guidance to crews when conducting under-slung load and Hoist operations
Skills and Experience:
· EASA CPL(H) and Instrument Rating (H)
· Previous experience as a pilot operating to military decks.
· Have passed an initial medical or assessment and is found fit to discharge the duties outlined above.
· Experience in similar role.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to company policies and procedures as detailed in the company Operations Manual.
They will undertake training courses and testing as required by the company at whichever location is necessary. This will also include training and testing to maintain compliance with the Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Publications.
The working pattern is based around the flying programme which is predominantly weekdays and consists of a shift pattern.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, we look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter.
Candidates must be able to satisfy the requirements of BIH and our customer in order to gain approval to fly on this operation.