about 1 year ago
Keyword: Flight Test Specialist
Request Number: ENG
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Mirabel (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 3065-Test And Instrumentation - Mirabel
Posting Start Date: 2018-06-20
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Area of Expertise:
The Flight Test Specialist (FTS) is responsible for the preparation and execution of flight test campaigns for P&W and P&WC experimental engines. Is involved with the Engine Center and Operability Groups in the flight test planning activities. Plan and ensure co-ordination of the test engine installation/ removal including the flight preparation. Operates the experimental engine on the Flying Test Beds (FTB3 and FTB4) and produce the related documentation. Reports directly to the Flight Test & Instrumentation Manager for Flight Operations.
Specific responsibilities of position: · Prepare flight test campaigns for P&W and P&WC experimental engines.
· Progressively become the main responsible and focal point for the flight test campaign of a specific engine.
· Take charge for the flight test schedule and meeting the milestones (Installation, first ground run, first flight, closing of flight test campaign).
· Actively involved with IPT (Inter Plant Team) for flight test campaign preparation with engine Program Teams Write work instructions (Traveller) for installation, removal and maintenance of engine and engine components.
· Manage pylons and engines installation on Flying Test Bed (FTB) as well as hardware modifications, removal and installations of parts.
· Take charge for temporary and permanent hardware modifications from initial design in interaction with ASD (Airframe System Design) teams to HW removal in interaction with aircraft maintenance teams.
· Actively participate then lead pre-flight and post-flight coordination meetings.
· Operate engine throttle in flights as well as electrical and hydraulic systems.
· Take charge for safety related matters regarding the carrying out of a flight test campaign and act as safety coordinator in flight Interface with program teams, maintenance, pilots, flight Test Instrumentation technicians or Engineers.
· Responsible for continuous improvement initiatives and related business innovations.
Qualifications required: · College degree with 5 to 10 years experience.
· Bachelor degree with 2 to 5 years experience 5 years experience in Engine build and test.
. Knowledge of engine test processes and engine operations in test beds.
. Knowledge and understanding of Test Cells Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) and the related engine control systems being in use in current PWC engine test cells.
. Experience and knowledge of flight testing (An asset).
. Knowledge of aircraft maintenance and aircraft management (An asset) Knowledge of engines, aircraft, hydraulic systems and mechanical assemblies.
. Leadership, autonomy, dedication Demonstrate ability to work well in a team, to perform under pressure, to adapt to change and to face undcertainties.
. Ability to interface with diversity in people and stakeholders involved in flight test (hierarchy, personalities, suppliers, customers, authorities).
. Ability to innovate and change status-quo in the business unit Bilingual (English and French).
Field of studies: Aeronautics, Aeronautical Maintenance, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, Technical, Mechanics Technique
Additional Information: · May travel occasionally for business in other P&WC plants and in other country such as USA.
· Work schedule on day shift and evening shift in rotations (1 week / 5 weeks).
· Work schedule on week end (Saturday) in rotations (1 Saturday / 5 week ends).
· Flight test days start at 7am and finish at 7pm at the latest during active flight test campaign.
· Must pass a medical exam and obtain a High Altitude Indoctrination (HAI) certificate.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.