Flight Simulation Technician (Level III)
Gatwick, West Sussex, South East
Role and Responsibilities:
In this role, the Simulator Technician III will be expected to:
- Perform complex assignments in office, on site, field, and laboratory.
- Projects may be of experimental or design nature.
- Solve a variety of complex simulator and/or aircraft systems problems.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Assist in diagnosing and correcting problems on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Diagnose and correct complex problems on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Utilize maintenance management system to record and track maintenance activities.
- Train technicians in basic skills.
- Provide technical training for other technicians.
- Complete all designated training activities.
- Actively pursue continued professional growth and training.
- Perform pre-flight and post flight on all simulators.
- Perform visual alignments.
- Run and evaluate required Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Approval Test Guide (ATG)/ Qualification Test Guide (QTG) tests.
- Assist Engineering Team with modifications, design changes, and software enhancements.
- Perform refurbishment and hardware modifications.
- Pursue knowledge and skills to enhance ability as a technical expert.
- Perform software changes to correct problems on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Identify and coordinate efforts to correct training deficiencies.
- Assist Group Lead in day-to-day operation of maintenance activities.
- Learn and comply with CAE quality management system.
- Provide customer service support and address customer needs in a timely manner.
- Perform logistics duties, including parts received, repair, and testing/validation.
- Perform housekeeping functions to maintain the simulators as required.
- Perform administrative tasks as required.
- Perform tasks to support the technical services group as required.
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent related training.
- Minimum of 5 years direct simulator experience with at least 3 years of relative simulator experience per assigned location.
- Proficiency with all types of test equipment.
- Proficiency with software diagnostics and utilities on at least 1 type of simulator.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis and research for hardware modifications and upgrades.
- Ability to assist the CAE SimuFlite Engineering Team with modifications, design changes, and software enhancements.
- Ability to assist with the development and delivery of technical training for other technicians.
- Demonstrated ability as the Technical Expert on at least one major simulator system (i.e. motion, visual, aircraft systems, etc.).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and suite.
- Fluency in English
- Must have the right to work in the UK
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.