2 months ago
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it, and as part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Have you considered what it may be like to work with Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have an opportunity for a Flight Safety Investigator to join our team.
Do you have the experience we are looking for?
As a member of the Military Customer Support & Services (MCSS) Flight Safety team, your day to day responsibilities would focus on engine systems safety including fleet hazard identification and tracking, leading safety investigations, and providing feedback to safety risk assessments and field risk mitigation plans.
Typical tasks would include field safety event communications, investigation reports, position paper/risk assessment input, and safety related briefings to internal and external customers. In this position, you will be a key safety advocate for P&W Military Engines. The preferred location for this position is our E. Hartford, CT campus. As experience develops within the position along with the capability of leading and handling a mishap investigation, occasional domestic or foreign travel may be required as the flight safety representative and investigator for field events and mishaps, airframe/engine system safety conferences, and future safety awareness briefings to maintainers and operators. Leading a mishap investigation often involves last minute travel and off-hours and weekend work away from home, occasionally in austere environments. Trip durations of 1-2 weeks are not uncommon.
Education / Certifications
* BS in Engineering
* Mechanical or Aerospace / Aviation Engineering is preferred
* 7+ years (5+ with advanced degree) experience in engine hardware or systems engineering role such as customer support engineering, design engineering, flight test, or equivalent.
* 7+ years experience needs to include a working familiarity with engine controls, externals, cold and hot section hardware, mechanical systems (pumps, bearings, gearbox), engine operation and performance, and airframe integration.
* US citizenship due to federal contracts
* Ability to obtain and maintain secret security clearance required.
* Broad technical background and be comfortable and confident in a diverse team environment multitasking with lead engineers, integrated product teams, Customer Support Engineers (CSE), airframers, and our domestic and foreign military customers/operators.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
* Experience in engine troubleshooting, inspections, root cause investigations, fault tree analysis, and risk analysis methods.
* Hands-on mechanical experience and interest in such.
* Direct experience with F100 or F135 systems, design, or maintenance.
* You have a history of unquestionable integrity, cooperative attitude, and ability to exercise sound judgment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.