2 months ago
Flight Safety Analyst
Requisition Post Information* : Posted Date
2 months ago(7/9/2019 3:18 PM)
# of Openings
Spirit Airlines is seeking a Flight Safety Analyst for our Support Center in Miramar, FL. This role supports the daily management, administration, security and operation of the Flight Operational Quality Assurance (FOQA) Program. The Analyst also supports aircraft data downloading, analysis, GDRAS management, and conducts analytical projects as assigned by the FOQA Program Manager. Promotes Spirit Airline’s Safety Culture through interactions/ presentations with key stakeholders internally and externally through the FOQA Monitoring Team and industry safety conferences.
* Supports the FOQA Program Manager with daily administration of the FOQA program.
* Verifies downloaded data for accuracy, integrity and validity.
* Performs data analysis, root cause analysis, and assists in identifying adverse events or trends in flight operations.
* Ensures the proper functioning of GDRAS software, hardware, and associated peripherals.
* Maintains FOQA event database, write database queries, program new FOQA events, and manage documentation supporting these functions.
* Generate GDRAS-related reports.
* Work with ALPA Gatekeepers in identifying adverse trends.
* Prepare flight operations trending analysis and charts.
* Creates and contributes to internal newsletters, communicating significant trends to stakeholders.
* Present FOQA information to various internal and external groups such as senior management, pilots, industry, and governmental agencies.
* Attend monthly FOQA Monitoring Team meetings.
* Additional duties as assigned in support of Flight Safety initiatives.
* May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments.)
* Four-year college degree desired, preferably in aviation science or engineering field.
* Work experience, preferably in 14CFR Part 121 air carrier operations; quality control, maintenance, operations, safety - or a combination thereof.
* Basic computer programming and statistical analysis experience.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs, including database and spreadsheet programs.
* Proficient verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
* FAA Pilot Certification: Private / Commercial Preferred.
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/junk mail if you do not receive it.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other applicable employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a workplace free from harassment, discrimination, and retaliation because of age, sex (including pregnancy), race, national origin, disability, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.