about 1 month ago
United States of America
HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
The ARINC Direct service and the Flight Operations Center are built on a foundation of customer service and teamwork. ARINC Direct strives to create a cooperative atmosphere where knowledge is shared amongst team members and provides our Flight Planning and Dispatch Coordinators with the tools, information, and empowerment they need to effectively satisfy Customer requests.
**Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.**
* Responsible for interacting with ground and air-based business aviation customers via telephone and message exchanges during all phases of flight planning and operations.
* Create and disseminate computed flight plans and weather information.
* Relay sensitive aviation messages.
* Provide logistical assistance for flight crews and passengers including airport arrival and departure reservation management.
* Respond to incoming customer messages and telephone calls.
* Provide customer account, software, troubleshooting, and training support.
* Ensure customer satisfaction to customers (pilots, flight departments, and passengers).
This position requires flexible coverage of multiple shifts in support of 24/7 operations, including holidays. The Flight Coordinator position is an essential personnel position meaning that you may be required to report for work during inclement weather.
* Associates or Bachelor's degree in Aviation, Aeronautics, or a related technical field, or in the absence of a degree three years of related experience.
* FAA Dispatcher Certificate (strongly preferred). Candidates who do not have an FAA Dispatcher Certificate may be required to obtain one within 6 months of being hired.
* Experience in aviation dispatch, air traffic control, flight planning, and / or pilot.
* Ability to read aviation weather and NOTAMs.
* Ability to work all shifts, weekends, and / or holidays.
* PC operating experience in a professional environment, including standard office software and internet browsing.
* Bi-lingual preferred, but not required.
Key skills for success:
* Must be able to communicate well both orally and in written form and to deliver exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
* Ability to work for extended periods while seated and using a personal computer and be able to handle incoming customer calls without assistance.
* Ability to handle multiple customer requests simultaneously and accurately, work well in dynamic situations, and someone who can anticipate and mitigate problems.
* Ability to prioritize their time and resources in crises, be able to work very effectively with others in a fast-paced team environment and be able to work independently with limited assistance.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.