5 months ago
Job Title: Flight Operations Specialist
Organizational Unit: MAG Aerospace
Location: Afghanistan - Multiple, AF (Primary)
Huntsville, AL - Huntsville, AL 35801 US
Job Type: Full-time
Category: Government Contracting OCONUS
Clearance Required: None
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
***This Position is in Afghanistan and offers a Rotational Schedule***
As an employee of MAG Aerospace, you will perform duties as a Flight Operations Specialist, providing support for a Rotary Wing (RW) aircraft Unit; responsibilities similar to a U.S. Army, Aviation Operations Specialist (15P).
* Track aircraft utilizing the Afghan National Tracking System (ANTS), conduct radio calls, document/record and report aircraft incidents and mishaps.
* Perform Contractor Requesting Official (CRO) duties, requesting all contractor flight approvals through the Government Flight Representative (GFR).
* Coordinate with government, military, and other agencies to provide critical flight related information to aircrews, to include weather and NOTAMs.
* Maintain the Flight Crew Information File (FCIF), manage/distribute the flight schedule, and track and record flight hours.
* Maintain, issue and account for sensitive items and equipment assigned to the section.
* Utilize Microsoft Office products to conduct daily duties.
* U.S. Citizen.
* 3 years’ experience as a U.S. Army 15P (operations specialist), or other U.S. Military or civilian service equivalent.
* Experience with operations conducted under the DCMA 8210.1C.
* Experience with operations conducted under AR 95-1.
* Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
* Must be medically and physically fit for duty.
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
* Must possess or be capable of obtaining a U.S. Passport.
* Must possess or be capable of obtaining an Afghan Visa.
* Certificates of qualification and training
* DD Form 214.
* Preferred: FAA Aircraft Dispatcher License.