We are currently recruiting on behalf of Magma Aviation Ltd, who are a subsidiary of Chapman Freeborn, for a Flight Operations Officer to join their existing team in Gatwick due to company growth.
Magma Aviation Ltd are a privately owned, independent, air cargo company operating a complete service worldwide. Our experience, knowledge and flexibility means that you can rely on us; whether using our scheduled services or ad-hoc full and part charter options, for a complete airport to airport freight transportation solution.
The successful candidate will be a motivated individual who possesses excellent communication skills and the ability to handle a varied and pressured work load. This role would suit a candidate with at least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar operational role.
Purpose of Role
- Provide prompt and efficient aviation logistical services to clients.
- Provide a professional and positive image of the Company to clients and suppliers.
- Promote and act positively upon all commercial opportunities for the business.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Continuous monitoring and action of requests by suppliers and clients;
- Follow the Company operating systems and procedures;
- Updating the database with new projects and information;
- Raising Requests for Services and Service Agreements;
- Support aircraft brokers where required in setup of sub charters to meet airline client’s need;
- Reconcile projects to the point of closure;
- Maintain good professional relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues;
- The requesting and checking of computer generated flight plans;
- Liaison in all aspects of dispatching aircraft with the Company’s ground handling agents;
- Ensuring that the aerodrome and enroute aircraft performance is sufficient to meet the stated requirements on a continuing basis for routine and non-routine flight service;
- Conducting flight watch and operational control on Company aircraft;
- The efficient rostering of pilots, loadmasters and mechanics in accordance with the duty time limitations
- The preparation of the Commander’s Trip Brief prior to each flight;
- To assist the Commander in flight preparation and to provide the relevant information for this purpose;
- To apply for over flight and landing clearances in line with the flight schedule;
- To arrange ground handling at all stations in line with the flight schedule;
- To arrange fuel at relevant outstations first sourcing the most cost effective supplier;
- To arrange crew hotac and commercial flights in line with the flight schedule;
- Ensure all outstanding requests are followed up on a daily basis;
- Approval of invoices for all services used by Operations department;
- Ensure the most cost effective planning is actioned;
- Ensure the Fuel policy advised by Operations Manager or Directors is actioned correctly; and
- Any other duties as may be appropriate from time to time.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the Wings 24 team and other offices.
- Keep up to date with activities of other Duty Officers using the appropriate network of communication.
- Contact airlines to confirm weekend availability and communicating this to colleagues and other airlines to maximise sales.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- Participate in a rotating out of hour’s duty rota within the commercial team.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.
Chapman Freeborn is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.