6 months ago
ARE YOU A TRAVELER?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A
Flight Operations Engineer, SAS Scandinavia
SAS Scandinavia Flight Operations is looking for a skilled and experienced Flight Operations Engineer to join our Flight Ops Engineering team.
Today, the team consists of Subject Matter Experts covering flight safety critical operational/technical areas such as flight & cabin crew documentation, emergency equipment, aircraft performance, FMS navigational data, mass & balance, aerodrome approvals, route analyses, Electronic Flight Bag (EFB), and ACARS/Datalink. Additionally, the team is involved in a wide range of exciting and innovative projects related to e.g. fuel efficiency, traffic disruption management, as well as the implementation of new generation WiFi onboard and the introduction of SAS Scandinavia’s new A350 fleet.
Main activities and work areas for this position:
* Maintain airplane flight manuals (e.g. OM-B, FCOM, QRH) and other technical-operational instructions and information for flight/cabin crew required for the safe, legal, efficient, economical and uniform operation of the assigned aircraft type
* Prepare and maintain Minimum Equipment Lists (MEL) for the assigned aircraft type
* Maintain liaison with CAMO in system related matters for the assigned aircraft types
* Maintain liaison with aircraft manufacturer and other operators in technical-operational matters for the assigned aircraft types
* Maintain proficiency regarding aircraft systems and operation and applicable rules and regulations as required for assigned tasks
* Answer/Follow up of Pilot and Cabin Reports of a technical-operational nature
* Participate in, and prepare and maintain action list for, APV meetings
* Lead/participate in projects as delegated by Head of Flight Ops Support
Required education and experience:
* Minimum of five years of practical experience in Flight Operations Engineering
* Hold at least a Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical Engineering, or equivalent
* Thorough knowledge of Civil Aviation Regulations
* Proficient in English (excellent verbal and writing skills).
Other preferred education and experience:
* Current or previous Pilot License of any kind is an advantage, but not a requirement
* Experience from implementing and using lean principles to improve safety, efficiency and cost reduction
* Project management
* Software programming
* Comprehension of all Scandinavian languages (speech/writing).
Required knowledge and skills:
* Innovative and solution oriented
* Influential and engaging when dealing with stakeholders
* Committed and trustworthy with a high level of integrity
* Strong verbal and writing communication skills
* Analytical with ability to critically and objectively assess different solutions
* Sound and positive attitude, service minded and customer oriented
* High level of social competence
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The position is a full-time position (40 hours/week) with six weeks of vacation per year.
The position is placed at SAS Head Office, Frösundavik, Stockholm.
Interested? Then give us the opportunity to get to know you and submit your application with letter of interest and CV no later than Nov 26, 2018.
For more information, please contact Head of Flight Ops Support, Amin Abdulhadi, , Phone: +.