5 months ago
Title: Flight Mechanic
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Military and civilian service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
We're proud to be an international airline providing tailored passenger charter services to a worldwide customer base. From our start in 1993, we built our airline on reliability - in our exceptional fleet, in our precise operations and, most of all, in our people. Wherever duty calls. Wherever opportunities arise. Wherever minutes count or adventure awaits. Omni Air International is there.
Our proven reputation for safety, reliability and flexibility comes from years of delivering on promises, the world over.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Flight Mechanic is responsible to the Line Maintenance Manager. When the Flight Mechanic is assigned duty at an OAI maintenance station he will report to the Station Maintenance Manager/Lead Mechanic. The Flight Mechanic has ETOPS duties as defined in the ETOPS Policies and Procedures Manual (EPPM). Duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Always safety conscious when executing duties and responsibilities
* Perform routine, non-routine and preventative maintenance in accordance with OAI manuals, manufacturers' manuals, FAR's and other established procedures to ensure timely release and continued airworthiness of company aircraft
* Mechanics will be required to sign for work accomplished including troubleshooting deferred maintenance items, and ensure proper recording of all maintenance tasks on company documents
* Keep a constant watch for safety, excessive cost of labor duplication, ensure proper and adequate equipment is used, acceptable parts or components are installed and approved hardware or supplies are used
* Flight Mechanics will not perform routine maintenance tasks while aircraft is in flight
* Only items of an emergency nature will be addressed Inflight, and then, and only when directed to do so by the Captain
* While exercising authority under RII provisions the Flight Mechanic will report directly to Director or Quality Control
* Maintenance Control will be kept informed of aircraft status as often as possible
* If the aircraft is on an A.O.G. status Maintenance Control will be informed and kept updated by most expeditious means available
* If possible call Maintenance Control at every stop
* Be security conscious: be aware of who is on your aircraft and what they are doing
* Report all security violations to the applicable authority
* Properly tag all repairable components including reason for removal
* Attend all training courses as assigned by any supervisor
* Comply with all company rules, regulations, and procedures set forth in company manuals and policies developed by supervisor
* Flight Mechanics are responsible for the fly-a-way kits installed on aircraft in which they are assigned
* Prior to accepting an aircraft they should conduct a visual inspection of the fly-a-way kit to ensure required tooling and supplies are available for trip
* Fly-a-way kit is to be kept neat and clean at all times, and all parts are to be properly protected and secured in the fly-a-way
* All paperwork will be neat, organized, properly documented, and returned to Tulsa as soon as possible - At a minimum weekly
* While traveling on company paid transportation, the Flight Mechanic will wear proper attire and conduct himself in a professional manner - Proper attire would be business casual
* When onboard company aircraft, Mechanics are representing the Maintenance Department, and thereby dress appropriately and present a professional attitude
* Perform duties significant to the Lower Minimums Maintenance Program (LMP) as specified in GMM Chapter 12
* Maintain an insurable driving record under Omni insurance driving guidelines
* Must be willing to work a 12-hour shift schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must possess or be able to obtain a valid passport which allows unrestricted travel to all the countries where OAI may fly
* Valid A&P License
* Minimum 3 years maintenance experience on transport category aircraft
* Valid state issued drivers' license with clear MVR with no major moving violations within the past 3 years
* Must be able to pass a 10 year background/criminal/motor vehicle records check and pre-employment drug screen
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma or GED
* Valid A&P license
* B767 Transport category aircraft maintenance experience required
* Boeing 767/777 experience preferred
* Avionics experience preferred
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
* Climb stairs and ladders.
* Capable of using small tools (hammer, crowbar, and screwdriver).
* Capable of using ground equipment (Forklift, Pickup Truck) and tow trailer behind pickup truck.
* Manual dexterity to operate a computer.
* Stand – 85%
* Walk – 5%
* Sit – 10%
* Lift up to 50 lbs.
* Extensive travel
MENTAL CAPABILITY REQUIREMENTS
* Careful workmanship and attention to detail
* Ability to work under stressful conditions because of degree of responsibility
* Ability to read, understand, and follow manual instructions to solve complex mechanical problems
* Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information
* Oral and written communication skill sufficient to prepare reports, and to discuss equipment malfunction
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation & Sick Time, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Flexible Spending and EAP
Open Date: 3/28/2019
This position is currently accepting applications.