3 months ago
* Up to $5,000 sign on bonus
* Relocation package including $3,000 relocation assistance
* Airfare reimbursement for interview
* Free housing during standardization available
* First time pass rate and retention bonuses
* Excellent benefits package
* Free upgrade to CFII/MEI option
* Paid vacations and holidays
* No contract required
This is a limited time opportunity!
We want to hear from you! Please contact us to learn more at.
FlightSafety Academy in beautiful Vero Beach, Florida is hiring flight instructors. At FSA you will have the ability to work in a professional environment with high level personnel who are dedicated to instructing at the highest level. Our commitment to students and our employees is unwavering - we want to create the best pilots. Our campus has been operating for more than 50 years with almost 100 company-owned aircraft and a large student base. You will not find a better or more productive place to work. Florida boasts more than 320 flyable days per year and the scenery is breathtaking. Our CFI's earn approximately 100 hours of dual given each month or more!
In addition to hourly pay for all pre- and post- flight events as well as flight time, our instructors are hired as full-time employees. They receive full-time pay and benefits including paid-time off, vacation, sick days, and medical, dental and vision benefits. FlightSafety has a fantastic 401k. Aviation is a small world - you will find the benefits of working for FlightSafety extend far beyond the cockpit. You will make contacts in the aviation industry that you will have for your entire career.
Flight instructors are responsible for teaching students how to fly in a variety of settings using methods that include textbook education, simulators and live flight training. Teach students the basics of flying an aircraft and help them prepare for the written test they can expect to face when applying for their pilot’s license from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). At FlightSafety Academy, we have separate Ground School instructors; our CFI's are responsible for pre- and post-brief instruction and for all flight instruction.
* Flight training of independent and contract students as assigned.
* Conducting flight training in accordance with FARs and FSI course outline or contract training course, as appropriate.
* Teaching Ground School subjects, IAW, FSI training course, or contract training course, as assigned.
* Manage assigned students training within syllabus and the schedule.
* Maintain accurate log book records of assigned students.
* Follow FSI policy regarding control and identification of weak students leading to Review Board.
* Ensure assigned students are scheduled for stage checks in a timely manner.
* Ensure daily activity bid sheet is completed in a timely manner.
* Maintain currency in all procedures and regulations.
* Reporting to Program Manager/Assistant Program Manager assigned students that necessitate further review or additional assistance.
* Maintain a minimum 80% pass rate on non-final and final stage checks of assigned students.
* Other tasks assigned by the Program Manager or Chief Flight Instructor.
* Maintain regency in accordance with FAR 61.57 on file with instructor records.
* Adhere to FSI regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
* Complete initial Instructor standardization in accordance with FAR 141.79.
* Complete annual recurrent instructor standardization in accordance with FAR 141.
* Complete periodic Line checks/Evaluation Flights as required.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
* Commercial Pilot Certificate and a valid Flight Instructor Certificate with appropriate ratings.
* First, Second, or Third Class Medical Certificate.
* Recency of experience in accordance with FAR 61.57.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
* Flight Academy airplanes and flight trainers.
* Classroom equipment as necessary.
* AVGAS fuel, oil, machinery.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
* Duties of Flight Instructor performed in classroom and training airplanes
* Outdoors, on the flightline and ramp
* Lifting at least 75 pounds or more
* Bending, stooping, climbing
* May include working on back and/or confined spaces
* Exposure to a wide variety of environmental conditions including heat, cold, wind, and precipitation
* Congested/active ramp environment with multiple aircraft
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Vero Beach