Purpose and Scope
2. Responsible for finding appropriate routes and filing flight plans for crew members using software designated by the company.
3. Provision of computer flight plans and other computerized dispatch data ensuring compliance with International procedures, relevant AIPs and NOTAMS.
4. Providing advice on all dispatch and related matters as may be required.
5. Gather current and predictive data to plan the flight routes using comprehensive knowledge of weather charts and weather maps as well as the expertise in aeronautical chart reading. These flight plans include the route, updated weather data to be expected along the way, sectors and centers through which the aircraft will fly, airspeed and departure and arrival times. Ensuring that current meteorological and ATIS information is available for all departing flight crews.
6. Maintain contact with crews after they are airborne to keep them advised of weather conditions, alternate landing plans, and necessary changes in altitude.
7. Filing ATC Flight Plans for including Repetitive Flight Plans (RPL) and those for extra flights, charters and re routed aircraft.
8. Making use of all communications facilities available in order to resolve disruptions to services.
9. Ensuring that all necessary over flight and landing clearances are obtained for standard schedules, extra schedules and charter flights.
10. Arranging Handling on all flights and HOTAC, Transport, Fuel, Hotel as required for crew.
11. Maintaining the Daily Movement Control Report recording arrivals and departures and ensuring that an accurate and detailed log is maintained
12. Perform fuel arrangements (defining uplift requirements at each station, pricing information and its dissemination through the Fuel Department) as and when require
13. Works and manages on all clients’ requests and ensures that they are aligned with the strategic objectives which address continuous improvement and goals set by the department.
14. Leads in identifying strategic methods in improving Operations procedure in addressing client’s request.
15. Works independently, guided by organizational strategy, objectives and corporate policies, under the supervision of the Operations Director.
16. Ensures the confidentiality of ASM information is taken into consideration with the circumstances and its nature.
17. Ensures that all requests are provided as per the clients’ conditions and coordinates with the Operations of all the arrangements necessary to comply with client’s requests.
18. Ensures that regular briefing is carried out to the Operations Department regarding updates.
19. Performs similar or other related duties as assigned by the Management.