Korr Technical Services has an exciting role for a Flight Dispatcher to join the Team in an established airline in Bahrain.
Operating since 2004, the Korr Group has become a key player within the aviation and aerospace sector providing high quality services to a range of clientele. With a focus on Engineering and Maintenance, Flight Operations, Stores and Logistics, our large network of skilled personnel manage contracts across the Asia Pacific region. The Korr Group team of professionals are dedicated to delivering efficient, cost effective services to achieve key business outcomes for our clients.
Our client is an established airline in Bahrain who strive to provide premier aviation services to it’s’ clients. With new aircraft on order and plans afoot to expand its offering to clients in the maintenance operation it is an exciting time to join this operator.
The Flight Dispatcher position reports to the Manager Flight Dispatch and is responsible for the flight planning and flight following for company aircraft.
You will possess a strong knowledge of the relevant regulations (all jurisdictions through which flights operate) along with company procedures including flight/duty time limitations and aircraft performance are key requirements of this position.
This position is permanently based in The Kingdom of Bahrain.
A generous tax-free package is on offer which includes a basic salary plus housing and transport allowance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rostering crews such that workload is evenly distributed, training and administrative requirements met and maximum use made of crews within limitations of flight and duty restrictions.
- Managing crew leave so that the integrity of the flying program is not compromised.
- Assist in the development and introduction of a crew rostering/flight planning software solution.
- Ensuring that all airports and routes are operationally suitable and meet company requirements;
- Setting up ground handling, in accordance with client preference, ensuring appropriate facilities (weight restrictions, parking, aircraft servicing, hangarage, etc.), and economical and efficient ground handling
- Obtaining all overflight/landing permits, and slots, in accordance with all regulations in an expeditious and economic manner
- Coordinate trips with all relevant authorities, i.e. customs, immigrations, airport and civil/military authorities;
- Advising Manager Flight Dispatch, Charter department, Flight Crew of international flight restrictions
- Ensuring aircraft, crew and supernumerary’s have all necessary equipment, documents, visas and any other entry requirements by concerned states/regions;
- Flight planning and filing with all applicable ATC agencies, uplink to aircraft, with PIC’s concurrence (utilizing Jetplanner software);
- Collating/reviewing/delivering weather graphical/text data, NOTAMs, enroute and alternate airport information to flight crew in accordance with Company SOPs;
- Ensuring fuel is arranged and fuel releases relayed in a timely manner;
- Preparing/disseminating flight briefings for flight crew
- Compiling and distributing the Loadsheet
- Exercise operational control of company flight operations by assisting the PIC in the different flight
- Flight following/monitoring/timely relay of movement messages;
- Responding to requests of the charter department and flight crew for international trip support services;
- Remaining current on all applicable NOTAMs, AIP’s, ICAO recommended practices and procedures and the regulations of each state of operations;
- Maintaining knowledge of aeronautical navigation systems, charts, airspace, air traffic control, aircraft performance, OMs, MEL, aeronautical communications and publications and maintaining a current operations library;
- Assisting in maintaining international compliance with fleet updates and monthly reports to Eurocontrol, and all other concerned foreign agencies
- Provision of information required for accurate Flight Operations budgets
- Maintaining good working relationships with crews
- Such other duties as may be required from time to time
To be considered for this role you will hold the following skills and experience:
- Holds a Flight Dispatcher License issued by a EASA country or FAA
- A working knowledge of ANTR Ops 1 Subpart D in relation to Dispatch requirements
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Dispatcher, preferably in a smaller operation
- Familiar with electronic rostering/flight planning software
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- A strong focus on teamwork and customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible schedules
- Self educator and motivator
- Skilled in research and development of operating policies and procedures
If you meet the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please apply now.