8 months ago
Job ID: QJBOFLO11
Job Title: Flight Dispatcher
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION: Passed class 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics & Mathematics from a recognized board/university
* Holding a DGCA approved license as a Flight Dispatcher preferably on B737-400SF and meets QRs, recurrent & recency requirements as per DGCA CAR section 7, series M, part II
Skills/ Special Requirements:
* Good Written And Spoken Communication Skills
* Proficiency In Computer Applications
Professional Training/ Courses:
* Radio Telephony Licenses
JOB DESCRIPTION: MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
* Provide pre-flight Briefing to the operating crew on airports and current Notams, Weather, Communication, Load, Route, AOMs, ETOPS , if applicable etc.
* Preparation and Filing of ATC flight plan
* Preparation of the Navigation/Operational flight plan.
* Maintain Liaison with ATS units and AOCC’s of the airport.
* Maintain close coordination within Quikjet with OCC, Ground Operations, MCC, Security and commercial departments and other concerned departments.
* Coordinating OTP/movement of the flights in his/her tour of duties.
* Ensuring proper documentation both of Flight Dispatch and Aircraft documents, as per the regulatory and Company’s requirement.
* Flight watch
* Communication with regard to operations during tour of his/her duties, and
* Aid Captain/OCC in Operational control of flights , as per Operational Manual
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
* Carry out the duties and responsibilities as under and also as may be specified by the Company from time to time.
* He / She should have a clear understanding of the job-functions and processes in day to day flight operations in ensuring safe and smooth flights.
* Enhancing their aviation knowledge and skills which directly impact their job and skill requirements for the position employed as also enumerated in CAR Section 7 Series M Part II.
* During the tour of his/her duties, carrying out duties and being responsible for the functions related to the flight dispatch as enumerated in the Ops Manual, OCC Manual, Flight Dispatch Manual and CAR Section 7 , Series M Part II , in so far the functions related to their position ; such as;
* Preparation of the operational flight plan
* Inputting correct operational data of the concerned flight in ARMS (FPDS) and Extracting navigational/operational flight plan from ARMS.
* Preparation of the Met folder for the flight’s sector/s(route and Airports).Collect the latest meteorological data from the concerned agencies and thoroughly analyse the possible effects of the weather on the route to be flown in the light of meteorological reports and forecasts for the destination and alternate aerodromes; recent weather reports and forecasts for the route and areas adjacent to it; and current weather maps;
* Collect the latest available data on standard instrument departures, en-route facilities, noise abatement operational procedures, navigation aids, aerodrome facilities, ATC and communication procedures, NOTAM, runway conditions, search and rescue facilities and other information and regulations likely to affect the flight and brief the flight crew as required.
* Prepare an operational flight plan consistent with standard instrument departures, noise abatement operational procedures, ATC regulations and the regulations of all the States to be over flown for the consideration of the pilot-in-command; Aid Captain and OCC, to delay or cancel the flight or otherwise decide on a possible route or alternative routes which may be flown safely and in accordance with Company procedures and standards, taking into account likely weather conditions at the destination and alternate aerodromes; en-route weather; and the maximum fuel load possible.
* Provide the meteorological briefing to the flight crew.
* Brief the crew on the route analysis and the operational flight plan bringing to his notice the factors that have influenced the choice of route;
* Furnish the pilot-in-command with all latest available information on the route to be flown;
* Prepare and ensure filing of the ATC flight plan, as per the existing procedures. Timely revision of flight plans as and when required.
* Any other functions deemed necessary for the safe operation of the flight.
* Other duties enlisted in the Company's Operation Manual
* Ascertaining from MCC of aircraft serviceability and MEL/s, if any.
* Providing load inputs, Max, type etc
* Making available RTOW charts to the crew, as required.
* Providing other operational information as required.
* Obtain the Pilot-in-command's signed concurrence with the operational flight plan;
* After the detailed briefing on above and other operational aspects, collation of all briefing documents and making the TRIP-KIT Folder and handing over the same to the operating captain/co-pilot
* In the event of an emergency, a Flight Dispatcher shall:
* initiate such procedures as outlined in the operations manual while avoiding taking any action that would conflict with ATC procedures; and convey safety-related information to the pilot-in-command that may be necessary for the safe conduct of the flight, including information related to any amendments to the flight plan that become necessary in the course of the flight.
* Ensure that FIC and ADC clearances(numbers) have been obtained and ,
* Ensure the validation of ATC flight plan and its clearances
* Ensuring the uplift of crew meals as per the requirements
* Responsible towards OTP (On-Time Performance) and the how the position plays a Key role in so far as the OTP mandate laid-down by Quikjet Policy.
* To take all anticipatory actions, including escalation to managers/HOD, if required, to ensure that there are NO delays in achieving the OTP. In case of anticipated likely delays to escalate /raise the issue to appropriate level at the earliest by keeping one situationally aware of the flows of the processes that may impinge on the OTP.
* Liaising, during his/her tour of duties, with ATS briefing units and AOCCs, IAF MLU etc of airports intended to be used by QJ operations both Schedule and Non-Schedule charters. Especially information pertaining to about the runway closures and restriction of flight levels and routes etc. Recording and informing the pertinent information to all concerned.
* Maintain close and pro-active coordination with internal departments of Quikjet involved in day to day operations and informing all concerned departments (Engineering, Commercial, Ground Ops etc). If an anytime restriction on load capacity of flight/s is known, informing all concerned.
* Monitoring the progress of flights/Flight-watch.
* In the event of emergency and/or accident involving Quikjet flights during his/her tour of duties taking/initiating action as required as per initiate laid down procedure
* Ensure that the operating crew have done their pre-flight medical examination
* Liaising with Engineering/MCC for refueling and tinkering, if permitted as per Company policy.
* Before each flight, ensuring crew FDTL compliance thru’ ARMS. Communication of next day roster of all the planned flights to crew.
* Support OCC in its function especially in disruption management (un-serviceability of aircraft /airport closure/weather etc) by timely coordination with OCC/Flight dispatch managers. Advise and co-ordinate with other departments concerned regarding aircraft movement, changes, delays etc.
* Maintaining Company communication protocol as laid-down. And during his /her tour of duty sending aircraft movement messages/email etc as per the procedure in the flight Ops Manual. Passing proper information about the movement of the aircraft to the concerned departments (IOC, Commercial, Engineering, Catering, Security, ATC etc).
* Checking and updating Ops documents (Jeppesens, RTOW charts, AIP supplements, Notams, AIC and its revisions etc) in the flight dispatch library /OCC and on-board the aircraft, as applicable, as per the responsibility /periodicity which is assigned in Flight Dispatch Manual or may be assigned by any order.
* As this position requires work in shifts, thus, during his /her tour of duties, ensuring a proper take-over /handover. And on arrival, obtaining a written and a thorough and briefing on the operational aspects related to his/her functions. And at the end of his/her shift providing the reliever a similar written briefing.
* Taking actions as per the procedure on the check-lists of various activities as specified.
* Checking and upkeep of all Company assets of OCC/Flight Dispatch sections i.e infrastructure & facilities.
* During his/her tour of duties periodically checking the proper functioning and accessibility of the various software modules provided for certain his/her job-functions; such as, ARMS , FOS Software (RTOW). And, reporting of faults/bugs in them as soon as it becomes known.
* Ensure the monitoring of Company channel for any information passed by Quikjet aircraft and dissemination of the same to the concerned section department.
* Checking of all pre-flight and post-flight documents for correctness and their proper upkeep.
* Data entry in ARMS of the tech log data. Correct and error-free entries are very critical and this must be ensured.
* Acquire and ensure thorough knowledge and understanding of the policy, processes & procedures of OTP, Flight Dispatch Manual, OCC Manual, ERP.
* Have good knowledge of use of operational documents such as Quikjet Ops manual, Jeppesen airway manual & charts, Aircraft FCOMs/AFMs, RTOW charts related to flight operations.
* Fair awareness related to his/her functions, of the contents of Flight Ops procedure Manual, Ground Ops Manual, DGCA CARS, AIP/AICs other related documents (SMS manual,) and other function-related policies & procedures.
* Be well conversant with HR policy specifically pertaining to his/her employment, management of Company assets, communication policy, personal conduct and discipline.
To apply, please follow the link below.