2 months ago
This person is responsible for performing FDR Airworthiness Reasonability Checks, using Avionica’s Flight Data Analysis software. They will assist with incident analysis, documentation, and administrative tasks. They will perform Flight Data Analysis and extrapolate experiences across multiple aircraft models.
* Perform un-supervised FDR Flight Data Analysis for various aircraft models
* Perform FDR downloads, un-assisted.
* Assist with Flight Data Incident Analysis
* Independently Process well known in-coming data files for contract customers
* Write Interpretation Guideline documents for various aircraft models and data frames
* Process customer paperwork, quoting, and assist in billing of FDR work orders.
* Interface with the team of flight data analyst contract employees
* Communicate with customers on findings and work status
* Interface with the Flight Data Services Manager on a regular basis
* Assist in evolution of Flight Data Services offerings.
* Participate in department audits by Avionica, and second and third parties
* Complete required tasks in a timely fashion with minimal supervision.
* Commitment to comply with the requirements of Avionica’s Quality System Manual.
* Continual improvement of the quality management system’s effectiveness.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university in a related discipline (aviation or aeronautical engineering) or equivalent experience/combined education such as 3 years of FDR Data or FOQA Analysis and pilot or A/C maintenance certifications.
* A minimum of 1 year of experience performing FDR Flight Data Analysis for a variety of commercial aircraft
* Ground School and Flight Training a plus
* Knowledge of binary, octal, and hex numbering systems a plus
* Software programming a plus
* Excellent phone skills and MS Word skills
* Good organizational skills.
* Competency in using spreadsheets required
* Competency in a Microsoft Windows work environment required
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Florida; Miami
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.