3 months ago
Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) Specialist - Norwegian
As part of the NAR SSC Safety Support team, this job is primarily responsible for supporting the Safety Team, through the management and administration of the FDM in Norwegian. This key position will provide outputs to all AOC’s within Norwegian Group.
Reporting to the NAR SSC Director Safety, Compliance and Security.
• Managing FDM data flow for the Group, ensuring compliance with ICAO guidance and, EASA and local regulations
• Liaison with the relevant stakeholders regarding the FDM database and the output from the tool, including recovering of the data
• Performing daily assessments of collected FDM data in cooperation with safety advisors
• Performing statistical and trend analysis of safety events captured by FDM
• Ensure that issues identified through FDM are communicated to the responsible manager promptly.
• Taking part in internal safety inquiries by providing related FDM analysis
• Performing Safety Performance Monitoring by FDM related SPI’s
• Continuously improving company FDM and SMS
• Following industry safety management trends and worldwide safety events
• Supporting the Norwegian Team
• Have a Technical University/undergraduate degree in Aeronautics or similar
• Have significant experience in FDM and knowledge on safety management principles and aeronautical regulations (EASA, ICAO, PL CAA)
• Have excellent computer skills and a higher than average understanding of MS Office
• Have good analytical skills, be able to think creatively, plan and organize, collect and analyse information, show initiative
• Knowledge about applicable rules and regulations within the aviation industry is an advantage.
• Structured, analytical, precise, and able to work under pressure
• Proactive with problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent communication skills, writing and speaking in English
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Positive attitude with a “can do” spirit
• Preferable bilingual (Spanish).
ID standby tickets on all Norwegian flights according to Group's policy.
Positive and exciting place to work in a global expanding organization in the beautiful city of Barcelona.
Challenging, variable and dynamic environment.