about 1 month ago
Flight Crew Scheduler Reports to: Chief Pilot Department: Flight Following
Division: Everts Air Cargo Station: FAI
Under general supervision, performs activities associated with scheduling. As a crew scheduler you are
responsible for scheduling pilots and flight attendants for the overall efficiency and utilization of crewmembers
to maintain a successful operation. Efficiently and effectively schedule crewmembers for daily operations by
complying with FAA and company regulations. Essential Functions:
1. Keep track of crew times and ensure crewmembers are legal to fly. Review crew times report daily.
2. Perform all crew notifications of scheduled flights and changes and maintain notification log.
3. Prepare a crew plan on a weekly/daily basis. Send load planning the crew availability by noon the
day prior. Each day, send flight following the standby crew availability, with preference for use with
4. Prepare and maintain a bid period calendar of flight training and checkrides.
5. Prepare and distribute flight crew bid lines, taking into account projected work load and time-off
6. Responsible for accurate reporting of crewmember flight times to payroll.
7. Research and correct all pilot pay discrepancies.
8. Assist with flight crewmember travel arrangements as necessary.
9. Log and audit flight coupons daily and monthly per accounting procedures.
10. Initiate emergency response procedures as required by the company Emergency Response Plan.
11. Provide excellent customer service, in all situations.
12. Prepare flight crew schedule taking into account seniority, PTO, flight training and checkrides.
13. Work with CP and DO to approve trip trades
14. Work to balance total crew hours nearing the end of the bid period for those crew members below
15. Arrange, revise, cancel and communicate all flight crewmember travel arrangements and movements
for scheduled flights, training, checkrides, etc… to include lodging and crew apartment use.
Coordinate and notify all concerned parties. Create report of all reservations for accounting.
16. Receive and process all flight crewmember PTO requests and maintain PTO schedule and file. Verify PTO using Time clock manager.
17. Maintain and update the Pilot Seniority List.
18. Generate month end crew use reports.
19. Maintain and update Jeppeson manuals, place orders and maintain company contacts. 20. Maintain Flight Operations Telephone contact lists. Notify Fairbanks flight following and HR of any
employee address and telephone number updates via email.
21. Maintain email flight schedule and bid schedule distributions lists for scheduling and flight following.
22. Maintain ops bulletin and pilot memo log books for pilots and flight followers
23. Maintain pilot room bulletin board and notice area.
24. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties: Safety
1. Contribute to a safe work environment by tuning in to your environment; eliminate unsafe acts not
required by your job function. Use risk mitigation guidelines where risky behaviors are authorized and
2. Follow SMS work practices and procedures and adhere to policies documented in the SMS manual,
including the reporting of hazards and incidents.
3. Wear appropriate PPE and clothing suitable for the weather conditions.
Revised 7/3/13 Page 1 of 3
4. Keep work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered and report
those that you can't personally correct to your immediate supervisor.
1. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
2. Be observant of any Customers acting suspiciously and ensure that personnel/visitors are conforming
to airport security guidelines. 3. Control and protect employee documents, personal data, schedules, and telephone numbers used in
the performance of your job from public release.
Qualifications: 1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Position requires 40 hours of training with successful completion of ground school.
3. Requires strong oral and written communication skills, and excellent telephone etiquette.
4. Must be computer savvy; be proficient in Word, Excel, email, PowerPoint etc…
5. Passionate attention to detail.
6. Have strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills. Requires a great deal of coordination
among many departments.
7. Must be flexible, willing to work various hours including holidays, nights, weekends and overtime.
8. Must be able to work effectively in a busy fast-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks at one time.
9. Must be diplomatic, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback,
demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
10. Function in a high stress environment and work well under pressure.
11. Strong math background, perform mathematical computations using decimals and hours and minutes
and converting from one to the other.
12. Have a good grasp of Alaska geography, know or be able to learn 3 letter airport codes.
13. Be a self-starter with initiative.
Preferred Experience: 1. FAA Dispatch certificate or previous experience with large aircraft dispatch.
2. Pilot certificate with instrument rating or air traffic control background.
3. FCC Class III Radio Telephone License.
4. Bachelors degree or equivalent, previous aviation experience, dispatcher certificate, Possess
knowledge of appropriate FAR’s (Part 121, 125, 91) and be able to apply the requirements to the
scheduling of Pilots and Flight Attendants, able to demonstrate an understanding of Dispatch, Flight
Control and Scheduling of departmental standard operating procedures. Crew Planning, crew tracking,
crew scheduling, SOC
Physical Abilities: The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must
perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small objects
and print or write legibly.
2. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
3. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
4. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the
manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials
and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Revised 7/3/13 Page 2 of 3
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this
employee. He or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties
requested by his or her supervisor.
Employee Signature Date
Employee Printed Name Revised 7/3/13 Page 3 of 3