3 months ago
Jetstar thrives on innovation. We're always looking for proactive professionals to help our business work smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively whilst developing and maintaining best practice.
We currently have an opportunity for a commercially astute individual to join our Revenue Management Team as a Flight Analyst. The key function of this role is to optimise the passenger revenue performance for Jetstar's commercial flights by managing fare levels through the understanding of market demands.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the aviation industry, have strong numerical and analytical skills and the ability to derive business solutions based on sound analysis. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be a team player and have strong communication skills.
Reporting to the Manager- Revenue Management, the key responsibilities of this role include:
• Analysis of market performance to understand demand and adjust inventory accordingly
• Ensuring monthly revenue targets are met
• Monitoring and addressing competitor strategies
• Developing and implementing inventory strategies on specific markets
• Maximising revenue through daily use of a Revenue Management System
• Working closely with other teams in the commercial department
• Proactively communicating market performance to stakeholders
To be considered for this role you will have:
• A Degree in business/finance/commerce preferred
• Demonstrated analytical skills and commercial acumen
• Previous exposure to commercial analysis
• Well- developed numerical/analytical/computer skills
• Advanced excel skills preferred
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Passion for the aviation/travel industry
• Time management and organisational abilities
This is a great role for an ambitious individual looking to pursue a career in the commercial arena of the aviation industry. The flight analyst role is excellent grounding in understanding how an airline business works.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 5000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.