about 1 month ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Stephenville, N.L, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Muskoka, Ont., Myrtle Beach, S.C., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: The Flight Operations Administrator will be focused on managing and maintaining all administrative processes and tasks for the Flight Operations team. The successful candidate will be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, handle confidential matters with diplomacy and discretion, is highly motivated, reliable, and will demonstrate the ability to take initiative and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage sensitive information in a confidential manner, using discretion and judgement in administering and handling projects involving financial, competitive and other critical and sensitive information
* Ensure streamlined Flight Operations processes amongst Admin group, with the primary focus on tracking/monitoring Pilot and Cabin Crew attendance, minimizing book-offs, maintaining operational standards
* First point of contact for all Crew members for administrative support and guidance (FOA World, my:porter, CrewTrac, FOAG Policies & Procedures, etc.)
* Support Director, Flight Operations:
* Edit, author and format Flight Operations Admin Guide for final approval
* Facilitate and track Pilot headcount in accordance with monthly attrition
* Track, update and maintain all pilot flight hours (Hours on Type and Total Hours) for submission to the Company insurance group
* Create all Crew surveys for input and feedback on departmental changes and policies
* Prepare Crew communications where necessary on behalf of Director, Flight Operations (announcements, events, procedural changes, etc.)
* Arrange jumpseat travel/observation flights for Transport Canada Inspectors
* Assist with other projects as requested, including the responsibilities listed below
* Support Chief Pilot:
* Liaise with Chief Pilot regarding scheduling infractions, prolonged illnesses, etc. of Pilot group
* Provide final communication to Pilots with scheduling infractions for expedited resolution and CP support
* Coordinate with CP all administrative duties regarding pilot upgrades, base relocation and LOAs
* Interview potential pilot candidates when required
* Assist with other projects as requested by the Director, Flight Operations and Chief Pilot
* Support Manager, Pilot Training:
* Provide support via Pilot Recruitment & Records Administrator with training exercise sheets (formatting, streamlining of training documents)
* Interview potential pilot candidates
* Assist with other projects as requested by the Director, Flight Operations and Manager, Pilot Training
* Support Director, In-Flight Services:
* Support DIS and In-Flight team with administrative processes (Crew Tracking and Trending; Attendance Support Program; LOA Tracking)
* Facilitate and track Cabin Crew headcount in accordance with monthly attrition.
* Participate in Cabin Crew recruiting and interviewing, as required
* Assist with other projects as requested by the DIS, including tasks listed below
* Monitor and maintain Payroll Attendance for Flight Ops Admin group and Director, SOC
* Manage and track Flight Ops Admin expense reports
* Coordinate Pilot and Cabin Crew Wing Ceremonies and other events
* Organize and arrange all executive meetings including the Flight Ops Management Meeting; prepare minutes as requested
* Attend and prepare minutes for ACP/Pilot Trainers’ quarterly meetings
* Arrange business travel as required for Flight Ops Admin group and others as approved by the Director, Flight Ops and Executives
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Other duties as approved by the Director, Flight Operations
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Exceptional administrative and time management skills
* Knowledge of payroll and expense reporting software an asset
* Knowledge/understanding of Transport Canada aviation and training regulations
* Data entry experience
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to work well under pressure and set priorities
* Strong Microsoft Office Suite, general computer and database software knowledge)
* Quick learner and ability to be assertive
* Ability to follow direction and work independently as required
* Excellent communication skills in the English language
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Understanding of flight crew working environment
* Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on-time reporting for work)
* Ability to obtain necessary security clearances
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date June 5, 2019
* Reference ID 32-54-11