Flybe is Europe's largest regional airline, with 10 UK bases covering many of the UK and Europe's main cities. We pride ourselves on an excellent level of service to our customers and adopt the same approach to our employees at Exeter head office and beyond.
An unlicensed Aircraft Engineer required to perform aircraft maintenance tasks in accordance with Technical Documentation & Company Procedures.
* Carry out work as directed by their Bay Manager, SLE or LE, providing assistance to other staff (any trade) to ensure safe and effective working practices.
* Address and report any safety concerns immediately.
* Ensure that equipment is maintained in a serviceable, clean, tidy and safe condition, reporting any faulty equipment immediately using the correct channels.
* Carry out additional team responsibilities or any other reasonable request from your Bay Manager, SLE, LE or Hangar Management Team.
* To recommend to the SLE any improvements that may increase safety and/or efficiency.
* Carry out any reasonable request to carry out offsite support e.g. AOG, Line.
* Remain up to date with all Vistair Read & Sign notices.
Health and Safety
* Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities including;
* Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work. Including Management responsibilities as required by H&S Manual.
* Be aware of aviation safety responsibilities with regards to the Flybe Safety Policy. Including Management responsibilities as required by the Safety Management Manual
* Be aware of aviation security responsibilities with regards to the Flybe Security Policy.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
* More than 3 years aircraft experience (or in a comparable industry) or recognised aircraft apprenticeship with a minimum of one years aircraft experience plus minimum 12 months service.
* Has had Competency Assessment completed and is at a satisfactory level.
* Ability to work effectively in a team.
* Ability to work unsupervised when required to do so.
* Good awareness of Aviation safety.
* Good communication skills.
* Able to operate a powerset (GPU).
* Previous aircraft experience (or some in comparable trade or industry)
* Previous experience of working at an operational aerodrome
Act as a role model for the organisation by demonstrating the Flybe values:
* Care & Respect Each Other
* Look After Our Customers
* Own Our Actions
* Strive For Better
* Everyone Together