Fitter/Machinist to for a reputable Aerospace company based in Gloucestershire with competitive salary
As a Fitter/ Machinist you will perform a range of operations on all types of components on machines and processes. This will include manual Honing and lapping, deburring, hydraulic nulling equipment and chemical deburr equipment.
You will use lapping and matched air gauging equipment, fit and assemble a range of body, spool and nozzle assemblies.
Key Responsibilities of a Conventional Fitter/Machinist:
· Work from manufacturing documentation includes plans, engineering processes and specifications.
· Make all types of set ups, including fixtures, programs, tools and null specification
· Detect unusual conditions in the products, errors in documentation and defective material/parts
· Inspects own work for correct size, depth, position, surface finish, roundness and straightness and geometric tolerances and makes adjustments where necessary.
· Use all types of inspection equipment available, such as micrometers, microscopes, height and depth gauges, comparators, tallysurfs and other metrology equipment
· Maintain machine and coolant once trained in preventative maintenance sheets
· May be called upon to work in other areas of manufacturing
If you would like the opportunity to work as a Fitter/Machinist for a globally recognised Aerospace company based in Berkshire please apply now.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please call Jamie Birch on, or send your CV
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.