3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe. As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At UTC Aerospace Systems, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
* Intense attention to detail
* Solid work ethic
* Exhibits focus, commitment and cooperation
* Effective communication style, both verbally and written
* Self-starter with proven ability to work well across an organization and as a part of an amazing collaborative team
* Proven ability to work effectively in fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
* Can drive cross-functional initiatives involving employees from across the organization at the site through our central organization
* Ability to form and develop relationships with a wide variety of functional roles and organizational levels
* Flexibility; someone who is adaptive to frequent changes in priorities, organization and strategy, flexible to deadlines with short lead times
* Are comfortable communicating to senior management and business partners in in a clear and effective manner
* Job Function
* Work across FP&A and the organization to support the annual budgeting process, rolling forecasts and process improvements.
* Perform variance analysis of budgeted / forecast against actual financial performance, clearly interpreting and documenting variances and cost drivers
* Support monthly financial close and weekly operational performance reviews by articulating the “story” implied by the analytical findings
* Support ad-hoc analyses required by FP&A
* Foster entrepreneurial spirit across the company and lead cultural awareness towards developing FP&A to be the heartbeat of the organization
The ideal candidate will be a persistent self-starter who is excited to support a cross-functional team through complex analyses. You will be a consummate communicator and provide insights that will enable senior management to make decisions on the direction of the company.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* 3 years of experience in finance or accounting
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
* 5 years of experience in finance or accounting
* Experience with SUMIF formulas & V-Look Ups
* SAP experience a plus
Education: Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.