3 months ago
1 week ago(1 week ago)
Number of Openings
Aer Rianta International (ARI)
ARI is a wholly owned subsidiary of daa plc. ARI is one of the largest and most significant players in the global travel retail industry. We own and manage duty free and duty paid retail outlets in Europe, The Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas. From pioneering beginnings when we opened the world’s first duty free shop in Shannon Airport in 1947, we now employ over 3,000 people worldwide and manage a turnover in excess of $1 billion.
An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Accountant to join ARI International, based in ARI’s head office Grattan House, (Dublin 17). The successful candidate will work with the ARI Finance team, reporting to the ARI International Financial Controller.
The primary purpose of this role is to be a key contributor within a small team in the preparation and provision of timely, accurate and insightful financial & management reporting and analysis for the ARI International business. It’s an exciting opportunity for a bright, ambitious accountant who would like to work and progress in a leading global travel retail company.
* Minimum two years’ accounting experience working in either industry or practice
* Qualified or progressing towards a professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
* Strong IT skills – Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle, GL Wand, ERP systems
* Strong commercial acumen
* Experience working in a financial accountant role in retail or a similar commercial environment advantageous but not essential
* A third level qualification in Business Studies or Accountancy
* Assist in the preparation of consolidated ARI Group monthly management accounts.
* Collation, preparation and on time delivery of the ARI Group monthly management reporting packs including KPI reports and business unit operational reports.
* Support and contribute to the interim and year end external audit process to ensure that the process runs smoothly and in accordance with the planning timetable and audit requirements.
* Support the preparation of the ARI Group consolidated year end audit file and liaising with daa Group Finance and external auditors in the preparation of ARI Group financial statements and annual tax computations.
* Liaising with daa Group Finance, daa Shared Services Centre (SSC) and ARI business units in respect of inter-company charges, treasury, tax and other accounting issues.
* Liaise and work closely with daa SSC to ensure delivery of efficient transactional support to ARI, including obtaining invoice approvals and ensuring GL coding is correct.
* Provide insightful financial analysis and challenge to the ARI Finance team and other internal customers to facilitate decision making that protects and grows the business.
* Support the maintenance of proper systems of financial control, e.g. preparation monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
* Maintain oversight of ARI bank accounts and set up online payments for approval as required
* Generation of weekly and monthly treasury reports.